website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Totallympics Predicted Medal Table

59 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

You can find the complete list here

29 medals for Brazil... that's sweet.

Is this a joke or a real prediction ?

I checked some of my favorite sports predictions and even though some of their wrestling and taekwondo prediction makes sense but in weightlifting, it's a total joke. some of these weightlifters will not even finish in top 10 ! imagine Nagy winning the super heavy weight :lol:

Out of all the predictions. I think the rowing is spot on. At least on those that should finish in the medals, give or take the positions. But in saying that Genevra Stone (USA) would be lucky to get a medal let alone silver in the Single Scull. Kim Brennan and Emma Twigg will probably fight for Gold and the rest will fight for Bronze. The only reason the US are predicted by them to win 137 medals is Russia's ban in a lot of events and to pander to their readers. You get that everywhere. 

Edited by Joshi

48 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I checked some of my favorite sports predictions and even though some of their wrestling and taekwondo prediction makes sense but in weightlifting, it's a total joke. some of these weightlifters will not even finish in top 10 ! imagine Nagy winning the super heavy weight :lol:

I am from Hungary and on one of the sports websites here every commenter was laughing on that prediction.

here's my prediction about men's weightlifting

weightlifting

-85 kg:

*****tian tao/CHN (50% TO WIN GOLD) - kianoosh rostami/IRI (50%) both of them are unpredictable and specially tian tao has a great potential for even missing 3 moves in snatch, i think tao has a little better chance

**** denis ulanov/KAZ (20%)

i couldn't see any clear favorites for this weight , the rest of top weightlifters jump to 94 or banned

-94 kg

*****sohrab moradi/IRI (above 85 % chance)

****Vadzim Straltsou/BLR (30%)

*** Aurimas Didžbalis/LTU & Adrian Zieliński/POL (25%)

-105 kg:

*****Ruslan Nurudinov/UZB (60%)

****Alexandr Zaichikov/KAZ (50%)

*** mohammdreza barari/IRI & Simon Martirosyan/ARM & Yang Zhe/CHN & Artūrs Plēsnieks/LTV (10%)

+105 kg:

***** behdad salimi/IRI & Lasha Talakhadze/GEO (50%) very close together!

**** mart seim/EST & gor minasyan/ARM & Chen Shih-chieh/TPE &  Yauheni Zharnasek/BLR & Almir Velagić/GER  & Ruben Aleksanyan/ARM (5%) very close togeather

Edited by amiry2j

6 hours ago, LDOG said:

The same problem as all other predictions coming out this week: if an american is fighting for gold, he/she will win it. If an american has an outside chance, he/she will end up with at least a bronze.

Wow, this is almost exactly what I said about the Sports Illustrated predictions (and all American predictions from Sochi and London).  If there's an American in the event, they wil win a medal. If they are good, the will win gold.  

I went through the AP predictions earlier.  I think they had Canada at something like 12 medals, which is a joke.  This is one of our strongest teams ever.  But they will compete with Americans in many events, which means they had to be ignored to make room for the Americans.  It doesn't matter though, it's just predictions.