web
analytics
Jump to content
MantaRaymarc

Sailing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

Recommended Posts

There is one more change, New Zealand now suddenly has women's RS:X quota again!


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though, ISAF qualification document is not really specific about priority of qualifications... It doesn't say that World Championships have priority over continental regattas. Yay, yet another weird qualification system! :d

 

Anyhow, if we literally read the reallocation rule, then the situation is different. Because it doesn't say that NOCs which qualified at continental regattas after 2015 World Championships are counted as "unqualified NOCs"...

 

A5rDFbX.png

 

So, if we literraly follow this.

 

Mixed Nacra 17 - Germany's unused quota goes to Puerto Rico

Women's 470 - Canada's unused quota goes to Greece

Men's RS:X - New Zealand's unused quota goes to Turkey

Edited by dcro

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canada's unused quota should go to Italy, but i don't know if Italy will  confirm it....

Edited by Andry84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

Canada's unused quota should go to Italy, but i don't know if Italy will  confirm it....

 

Oh yes, I missed Italy.


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italy chose Giorgio Poggi in Finn, Tita-Zucchetti in 49er and Silvia Zennaro in laser radial and decided to accept eventual reallocation spots in both men and women 470..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2016 at 04:22, dcro said:

Though, ISAF qualification document is not really specific about priority of qualifications... It doesn't say that World Championships have priority over continental regattas. Yay, yet another weird qualification system! :d

 

Anyhow, if we literally read the reallocation rule, then the situation is different. Because it doesn't say that NOCs which qualified at continental regattas after 2015 World Championships are counted as "unqualified NOCs"...

 

A5rDFbX.png

 

So, if we literraly follow this.

 

Mixed Nacra 17 - Germany's unused quota goes to Puerto Rico

Women's 470 - Canada's unused quota goes to Greece

Men's RS:X - New Zealand's unused quota goes to Turkey

NZL on TUR refers to the counterpart. Wrong information on Men's RS:X

 

New Zealand's unused quota goes to Chinese Taipei. (Sweden will definitely reject the quota)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MantaRaymarc said:

NZL on TUR refers to the counterpart. Wrong information on Men's RS:X

 

New Zealand's unused quota goes to Chinese Taipei. (Sweden will definitely reject the quota)

 

That's correct, :TPE instead of :TUR

 

For some reason I thought that Chinese Taipei was already qualified.


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laser Radial NZL declined, quota for Spain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...