website statistics

Sailing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

ISAF finally published the updated list... http://www.sailing.org/tools/documents/2016QualifiedNationsMNAconfirmationfromallevents28.06.16-[20886].pdf

All quota are confirmed now, except Austria's in 49er FX that is yet to be confirmed. Latvia and Chinese Taipei are the new qualified nations.

#banbestmen

What's the deal with the Austrian 49erFX crew? On Facebook they wrote quite clearly (in April) that they're not going to Rio because the Finnish boat beat them, yet the OP here and the list on Wikipedia says they did qualify.. 

Edit: What better way to find out than ask them myself, long live Facebook :)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's the deal with the Austrian 49erFX crew? On Facebook they wrote quite clearly (in April) that they're not going to Rio because the Finnish boat beat them, yet the OP here and the list on Wikipedia says they did qualify.. 

Edit: What better way to find out than ask them myself, long live Facebook :)

Reallocation after Australia (and Croatia) declined.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Reallocation after Australia declined.

And Croatia apparently, which I could have read if I looked 2 posts higher :p 

Still it's weird that there's absolutely no word about it on their Facebook page for example. Let's wait and see what they answer. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

And Croatia apparently, which I could have read if I looked 2 posts higher :p 

Still it's weird that there's absolutely no word about it on their Facebook page for example. Let's wait and see what they answer. 

Maybe they are angry because Austria didn't select them, but someone else instead. I assume you are looking at Schoffeger/Lovrek crew? :mumble:

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Maybe they are angry because Austria didn't select them, but someone else instead. I assume you are looking at Schoffeger/Lovrek crew? :mumble:

Yes. They have like 1% medal chance and need a huge miracle for that, but that's still more than the only other Austrian team..

In my message to them I asked about national standards as well, maybe it has something to do with that. 

Edited by heywoodu

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yes. They have like 1% medal chance and need a huge miracle for that, but that's still more than the only other Austrian team..

In my message to them I asked about national standards as well, maybe it has something to do with that. 

I'm sure they will be delighted after seeing that you give them 1% medal chance. :d

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

I'm sure they will be delighted after seeing that you give them 1% medal chance. :d

If they're anything like Brazilian biathletes, they'd prefer being realistic than saying "we're definitely going for the gold" :d 

By the way, imagine the scenario that they had totally missed any word about AUS and CRO rejecting the quota and this is the first time they hear it... :p 

I'd definitely tell them it's thanks to Totallympics and redirect them here :d