website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Medal Count

Just now, heywoodu said:

We did? :p 

Well yeah, the finish of the people far behind was really nice as always, the touching moments of the Iranian crawling over the finish, the Argentinian jumping sideways for the last km etc :) 

I watched it all. That was great. Iranian athete :( But he finished. It was important :d

17 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Completely agree with everything you said. Polling was indeed very unlucky to draw an opponent who doesn't compete much during the years and therefore was not seeded, but who in the end won the gold medal.

I was pretty disappointed when Schippers lost out on the gold to Thompson. Looking forward to see more of her still. :d

1 minute ago, dcro said:

If Dutch had a bad sport then that's equestrian, no medals after getting 5 medals in Olympic events at 2014 WEG. :evil:

Absolutely, equestrian was by far our biggest disappointment in terms of performance. First time in my life basically that we didn't win any equestrian medals. Then again, I don't really care about winning dressage medals or not, because I simply don't care for dressage (I wouldn't even watch the finals if we had the 3 biggest gold medal favourites :p ), I'm much more disappointed about winning no jumping medal. And especially about Dubbeldam missing out on the jump-off for gold by 0,02 seconds on the last ride on his horse :( 

I've never seen Dubbeldam cry that much I think. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, dareza said:

woow. :yikes:how the hell it happened?

Perhaps the main reason is that they didn't compete much earlier this year.

People were starting to think that Americans can threat them in dressage after excellent build up and it happened as Dutch looked bad for their standards. Jumping also didn't go well at all. Jur Vrieling got disqualified in first round for the overuse of whip. :facepalm::spank: Maybe that's why they couldn't win a medal because they had only 3 riders in final round.

#banbestmen

Zitat

Medals for team sports:

USA,Germany 5

Serbia 4

Italy 3

2 Brazil,Canada,Russia,Great Britan,France,Spain,

1 Croatia, Netherlands, Nigeria,Sweden,Denmark,Fiji , Belgium,China,South Africa

------

Just crazy when you see this

Great achievement from you, guys. And you have potential in football and handball (and men's volleyball) too. I think actually Germany is not a very strong team sports nation overall compared to some other big populated countries. They were not qualified in basketball, volleyball, water polo and rugby sevens. But thanks to football and field hockey they still top the table in that regard.

42 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

(I wouldn't even watch the finals if we had the 3 biggest gold medal favourites :p )

As true Olympic lover there is no sport I wouldn't watch at all, even though I don't like some of them. :p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

21 minutes ago, Milan said:

Great achievement from you, guys. And you have potential in football and handball (and men's volleyball) too. I think actually Germany is not a very strong team sports nation overall compared to some other big populated countries. They were not qualified in basketball, volleyball, water polo and rugby sevens. But thanks to football and field hockey they still top the table in that regard.

in handball we have great players, but team is disaster. They are like amaterus when they are in NT and that is so sad :( For women's handball,our 4 best players (and they among best in Europe) boycott NT because they have problems with coaches.:facepalm:

Edited by dareza