website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

I signed up for updates on that site back in September.  I haven't gotten one update from them.  I'm also very frustrated with the ticket situation.  Last I read they were supposed to open sales up to Korean nationals in October.  Even my Korean friends can't find any information on it.  It's not just that we can't find dates, we literally cannot find any information on tickets at all.  All we've come up with is a pricing schedule that was released back in May.  

If you want biathlon, I wouldn't worry too much since it's not terribly popular in this part of the world.  However, I am very interested in high-demand tickets to long and short track speed skating and hockey.  I also really want curling tickets.  I mean, I'll take anything else I can fit in, but those are really important to me and I know they're going to be hard to get.  But like much in Korea, there doesn't seem to be much organization or forward planning so you just have to wait and see.  

40 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I signed up for updates on that site back in September.  I haven't gotten one update from them.  I'm also very frustrated with the ticket situation.  Last I read they were supposed to open sales up to Korean nationals in October.  Even my Korean friends can't find any information on it.  It's not just that we can't find dates, we literally cannot find any information on tickets at all.  All we've come up with is a pricing schedule that was released back in May.  

If you want biathlon, I wouldn't worry too much since it's not terribly popular in this part of the world.  However, I am very interested in high-demand tickets to long and short track speed skating and hockey.  I also really want curling tickets.  I mean, I'll take anything else I can fit in, but those are really important to me and I know they're going to be hard to get.  But like much in Korea, there doesn't seem to be much organization or forward planning so you just have to wait and see.  

I am with you on that one. No one from the OC returns emails at all.

No live Olympics on German TV in 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2024, only on Eurosport..

Which is a huge shame especially for winter sports, because German TV is where I basically get all my live winter sports every winter :mad:

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/olympia-sommer/olympische-spiele-ard-und-zdf-schauen-in-die-roehre-aid-1.6426757

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Which is a huge shame especially for winter sports, because German TV is where I basically get all my live winter sports every winter :mad:

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/olympia-sommer/olympische-spiele-ard-und-zdf-schauen-in-die-roehre-aid-1.6426757

"Olympics will be offered on free-to-air channel Eurosport 1 in Germany, with additional coverage on DMAX & pay channel Eurosport 2. "

"Eurosport says its free-to-air coverage in Germany will exceed the IOC requirement of minimum 100 hrs for winter games & 200 hrs for summer "

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Thank god in Britain we have a law that the Olympic Games must be shown live on free to air TV! 

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

"Olympics will be offered on free-to-air channel Eurosport 1 in Germany, with additional coverage on DMAX & pay channel Eurosport 2. "

"Eurosport says its free-to-air coverage in Germany will exceed the IOC requirement of minimum 100 hrs for winter games & 200 hrs for summer "

Yes, I meant it won't be on ARD and ZDF, who always have truly excellent coverage of winter sports. It will be sad to watch them all winter, but then have to switch to our own Dutch commentator who know nothing for the highlight of the season. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, I meant it won't be on ARD and ZDF, who always have truly excellent coverage of winter sports. It will be sad to watch them all winter, but then have to switch to our own Dutch commentator who know nothing for the highlight of the season. 

Welcome to my life (watching winter sports on swedish TV)

11 minutes ago, Agger said:

Welcome to my life (watching winter sports on swedish TV)

Not yet, first I get to enjoy ARD and ZDF during all winters except for two weeks in 2018 :p