website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Because they're retarded. 

In a second I thought they are just envisaging to put a mixed parallel Giant Slalom event instead of the M and W PGS or something like that, but then I noticed that they also wrote 13 events in cross country skiing and a total of 50 events for FIS sports:roflmao: so I assume it´s just the amount of medal sessions including the Nordic combined cross-country parts and both snowboarding PGS will be contested in the same session...or I am just still wrong and just somehow still did not understand this article :red:

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Anyone know why FIS wrote that there will be 9 events in snowboarding ? :mumble:http://www.fis-ski.com/news-multimedia/news/article=pyeongchang-2018-competition-schedule-published.html

But they work whit a bottle of vodka on the desk? :lol: Fis is amazing.

Better than those 'a truck ran over them but let's still use them anyway' medals from Vancouver 2010 :d 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor 2010 vancouver medals

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Better than those 'a truck ran over them but let's still use them anyway' medals from Vancouver 2010 :d 

So is it legit to call the Pyeongchang medal the 'I don't care just carve Olympic Rings on a tree bark' medal? :d

7 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

So is it legit to call the Pyeongchang medal the 'I don't care just carve Olympic Rings on a tree bark' medal? :d

Yep :d 

Although I do like that at least the shape is like that of a normal medal, not some 'look at us, we are creative!' hipster kind of thing :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yep :d 

Although I do like that at least the shape is like that of a normal medal, not some 'look at us, we are creative!' hipster kind of thing :p 

Have to agree on this. In badminton they decided to change the usual circle to 'whatever I just want the BWF logo shape' which I found pretty annoying

hi-res-5f8b01fbfffd902afbb041a15e5807a3_

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

may I ask you where did you find those pictures? :mumble:

because according to the Official Olympic Website (and the best Italian sports website) the Olympic Medals look pretty normal...they do not look like that at all...

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/press-releases/korean-culture-celebrated-in-pyeongchang-2018-olympic-winter-games-medals

https://www.oasport.it/2017/09/foto-olimpiadi-invernali-pyeongchang2018-svelate-le-medaglie/