website statistics

Handball at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

:GER GERMANY MEN'S TEAM  :GER

Goalkeeper:

Silvio Heinevetter (Füchse Berlin)

Wonderful, by far my favourite German player in all team sports since his often amazing match-saving actions back in the days when I visited Füchse Berlin weekly :clap: (alright, I don't know that many German team sports players, but still)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 38 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Wonderful, by far my favourite German player in all team sports since his often amazing match-saving actions back in the days when I visited Füchse Berlin weekly :clap: (alright, I don't know that many German team sports players, but still)

Didnt you give other users the advice to ignore me ... ?

So i can answer you now and expect to get an answer?

Heinevetter is completely mad, i dont like him at all, he seems to be extremely unfriendly and in addition to that he has some crazy saves but is average at best for the rest of the time. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LDOG:

If I'm not mistaken except Gensheimer and Groetzki (who were injured) all other players were part of the curious team that won qualification.

Curious?

"Won" qualification?

Drux and Wiencek were also missing due to injury. Heinevetter wasnt nominated. Dissinger and Weinhold both missed the semifinal and final.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

Yes, won qualification. I'm sorry, did I make a typo or some grammatical mistake?

World championships were also a qualification event, african championships as well (at least i think so) and so on. I dont think that "won" is the right word in this context, but maybe i am wrong ... :mumble:

In the end it doesnt really matter anyway, i just found the word "won" a bit strange in this context.

Today I heard on news about new handball rules by IHF that will be applied in Olympic tournament. I googled a bit about it and found this:

1. Goalkeeper as a player: The goalkeeper may be used as a seventh field player.

2. Injured player: An injured player should leave the playing court after receiving medical care on the court and can only re-enter after the third attack of his team is complete.

3. Passive play: After showing the forewarning signal the team forewarned has a total of 6 passes to shoot on goal.

4. Last minute: In Rules 8:5, 8:6, 8:10c and 8:10d, the wording “last minute of a game” should be replaced by “last 30 seconds of a game”.

5. Blue card: The referees have a blue card in addition to the yellow and red ones to provide more clarity regarding the disqualification of a player. If this card is shown, a written report will accompany the score sheet and the Disciplinary Commission will be responsible for further actions.

Edited by letiss7

The rule regarding passive play is excellent; there was need for regulation regarding this part of the game. I've seen teams who kept the ball 30 sec after the forewarning signal was shown....

• 2 weeks later...