website statistics

Football at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

insidethegames ‏@insidethegames  6m6 minutes ago
War of words erupts as #USA goalkeeper @hopesolo brands #SWE players "cowards" after #Rio2016 exit

:facepalm:

Sweden coach Pia Sundhage, who used to manage the American side, hit back with the perfect retort: "I don't give a crap - I'm going to Rio and she's going home."

Haha

Edited by intoronto

Oh shut up Hope Solo.  So glad you and your team of arrogant fools lost.  You didn't deserve the gold in London (or the silver), you got it handed to you because they wanted a WC rematch.  The best team did win today. Congratulations to Sweden!  :SWE

il y a 7 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

Oh shut up Hope Solo.  So glad you and your team of arrogant fools lost.  You didn't deserve the gold in London (or the silver), you got it handed to you because they wanted a WC rematch.  The best team did win today. Congratulations to Sweden!  :SWE

Exactly This is karma after everything She said to our girls 4 years ago, They didn't deserve to win.  If They were that Amazing How come Did They go to PK.  Anyway, This is what i don't like about the American sometimes.  They think that They should win everything and nobody shouldn't beat them.  Well They are not invicible, and guess what USA à the world doesn't resolve around your country.  There are others countries around that deserve to win also.  And anyway, They have a lot of medals already, so one less for them is not a catastrophe.  Sorry, Rant over. Lol

vor einer Stunde schrieb Canada4thewin:

Exactly This is karma after everything She said to our girls 4 years ago, They didn't deserve to win.  If They were that Amazing How come Did They go to PK.  Anyway, This is what i don't like about the American sometimes.  They think that They should win everything and nobody shouldn't beat them.  Well They are not invicible, and guess what USA à the world doesn't resolve around your country.  There are others countries around that deserve to win also.  And anyway, They have a lot of medals already, so one less for them is not a catastrophe.  Sorry, Rant over. Lol

Thats also pretty much how i view it and i am actually a bit shocked to see how desperate she is to win another gold, although the american girls already won the last 3 olympics and the last world cup. You would expect someone with so many titles to be more relaxed about losing and you would hope that they at least are able to respect their opponents.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.