website statistics

Football at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

3 minutes ago, hukbrazil said:

It is really good news :p

These last minute casualties are really complicated. Brazil will no longer have Douglas Costa and is likely to miss Fred too.

Missing Fred is a good news for Brazil :p

hace 30 minutos, LDOG said:

When you thought it was all solved....

Sampdoria sold Joaquin Correa to Sevilla and his new club denies release :lol: also Vietto was denied in last days, but good news is that Sao Paulo is close to exit the Libertadores so they will release Jonathan Calleri in time for olympics (and he's better than Vietto).

Today was the first training of the team... with only 11 players (but this was expected).

Some of us still hope they can turn it around!

It seems like almost all teams are in the same tough situation. Sweden has been mentioning trying to get an exemption for them to pick players not in the original squad, because they've gotten lots of nos.

Denmark seems to be doing decently with a deal meaning that all danish teams not playing in Europe are forced to let 2 players go, with one exemption selected by the team and the first goalie.

At the moment we're at 8 players.

Good news everyone! Portugal olympic team has officially a squad! :POR

And thats it, that's the only thing good on those news.

Why? Because, due to the unavailability of the teams to allow their players to go to the Olympics (and because some of them are tired from the Euro 2016 they won just days ago), from the initial 35 players that our manager picked to the pre-Olympic squad, only 11 were available!!! :wall: (including all the best players we had)

But wait, there's more! This is such a ridiculous situation that our squad of 18 players has... 17 players!! :facepalm:Because 18 minutes (!!!!) before the official squad presentation, one of the 18 players was declined by his team to be in Rio! :thumbdown:

Here is the team anyway:
GK: Bruno Varela e Joel Pereira;

DF: Edgar Ié, Ricardo Esgaio, Tiago Ilori and Tobias Figueiredo;

MF: André Martins, Bruno Fernandes, Sturgeon, Francisco Ramos, Sérgio Oliveira, Tiago Silva and Tomás Podstawski;

FW: Carlos Mané, Gonçalo Paciência, Nuno Santos and Salvador Agra

Edited by kungshamra71

This, btw, is why I think male football should be OUT of the Olympics.

I love football, but either you send the best or it's not real olympic competition.

Right now, olympic male football is nothing more than a big joke.

Edited by kungshamra71

Just now, kungshamra71 said:

This, btw, is why I think male football should be OUT of the Olympics.

I love football, but either you send the best or it's not real olympic competition.

Right now, olympic male football is nothing more than a big joke.

the same thing here ,  coaches of many european teams  refused to release many players :ALG

so this team is very weak for now , i don't know why FIFA did nothing against these coaches