website statistics

Football at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

29 minutes ago, LDOG said:

President of the argentine NOC: "there is a 50% chance we will have to withdraw from the olympic football tournament due to lack of players" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Also Martino may present his resignation due to this situation. Even the argentine clubs are denying players to the NT!

Whitdraw whit only 28 days (?) to the OG is a bit ridiculus..

hace 20 minutos, Gianlu33 said:

Whitdraw whit only 28 days (?) to the OG is a bit ridiculus..

But it is what it is, there's not enough players to make 18. Out of the 35-man large list, currently there are only 6 players released. Everyone else said "no", especially european clubs, we could get only three players released from them (Rulli from R. Sociedad, A. Correa from Atlético and J. Correa from Sampdoria).

I think at the end an agreement will be done, at least with the argentine clubs.

This is absolutly dissaster!!, i dont have words to say what i think of all this.....

well yes, some bad words in spanish: *********************************************************

EDIT by LDOG: calm down Konig :d

3 minutes ago, konig said:

This is absolutly dissaster!!, i dont have words to say what i think of all this.....

well yes, some bad words in spanish: *********************************************************

EDIT by LDOG: calm down Konig :d

Sory, i cant believe this, bad day at all.

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

What happens if they withdraw? Someone replaces them or since its so close there will.be only 15 teams in the tournament 

The Uruguayan press is already all over this lol. They say that the rules indicate that FIFA will appoint a replacement and fine Argentina. They think they could go as being since they were next in line (third at Juventud de America 2015) and they're from the same confederation (their very powerful NOC President is already on the case) or that it could be the United States since they were the ones thet lost the play-off with Colombia. They're even analysing the rivals (slow news day in Uruguay, I guess).

2 minutes ago, carivan said:

The Uruguayan press is already all over this lol. They say that the rules indicate that FIFA will appoint a replacement and fine Argentina. They think they could go as being since they were next in line (third at Juventud de America 2015) and they're from the same confederation (their very powerful NOC President is already on the case) or that it could be the United States since they were the ones thet lost the play-off with Colombia. They're even analysing the rivals (slow news day in Uruguay, I guess).

dont think we will send a team on a moment's notice, anyway they lost , probably Uruguay would be the correct choice

Ahora, Maxim Fastovsky said:

dont think we will send a team on a moment's notice, anyway they lost , probably Uruguay would be the correct choice

I'm pretty confident Argentina will make it tho.