website statistics

Basketball at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

So if Spain wins Croatia-Lithuania basically play to see who avoids 4th place.

No. If Spain wins and if we win you are 4th :d

If that happens we would have 4 teams with 3-2 record, and matches amongst those teams would be considered:

Spain 2-1 (win against Lithuania and Argentina)

Croatia 2-1 (win against Lithuania and Spain)

Lithuania 1-2 (win against Argentina)

Argentina 1-2 (win against Croatia)

Lithuania would be ahead of you because of h2h.

hace 8 minutos, crovitlaci said:

No. If Spain wins and if we win you are 4th :d

If that happens we would have 4 teams with 3-2 record, and matches amongst those teams would be considered:

Spain 2-1 (win against Lithuania and Argentina)

Croatia 2-1 (win against Lithuania and Spain)

Lithuania 1-2 (win against Argentina)

Argentina 1-2 (win against Croatia)

Lithuania would be ahead of you because of h2h.

Are you sure? :mumble:so the head to head is "subdivided"? I thought that if all have the same record and same points between the tied teams the following to break tie is goal difference (which Lithuania clearly loses).

If it's not like that then Lithuania lowering their pants vs Spain now makes sense...

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

Are you sure? :mumble:so the head to head is "subdivided"? I thought that if all have the same record and same points between the tied teams the following to break tie is goal difference (which Lithuania clearly loses).

If it's not like that then Lithuania lowering their pants vs Spain now makes sense...

Yes. Plus there's a link on Spanish in which you are apparently accusing us and Lithuanians of fixing the match (I don't know Spanish so you can clarify me even more):

http://masdeporte.as.com/masdeporte/2016/08/14/juegosolimpicos/1471202612_831983.html

hace 2 minutos, crovitlaci said:

Yes. Plus there's a link on Spanish in which you are apparently accusing us and Lithuanians of fixing the match (I don't know Spanish so you can clarify me even more):

http://masdeporte.as.com/masdeporte/2016/08/14/juegosolimpicos/1471202612_831983.html

Well, the guy is right. I don't know if Croatia is into this, but with Lithuania is very evident that they tried to "cover all the bases".

vor 37 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

I wasn't aware of this too. In this case there is quite much on the line tonight for Argentina. They certainly don't want to be in danger of ending 4th in this group.

hace 3 minutos, Milan said:

I wasn't aware of this too. In this case there is quite much on the line tonight for Argentina. They certainly don't want to be in danger of ending 4th in this group.

Well, to be honest I think we would lose to any team from the other group :d but we already won our "gold medal" against Brazil, in a sense.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Not surprised at all that Nigeria defeated us. We are always horrible against weaker teams (not just in basketball, everywhere!!)...

It would be sad to drop out after some fantastic games...

We usually have the same problem, dont be sad.