website statistics

Volleyball at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

batbobi

Italy got robbed 2 times with video challenges in this match... in the third set Wallace pushed Juantorena's hand to touch the net but Brazil got the point, in the second set there was a ball touch by a Brazilian but they still got the point.

It's sad that, despite the video is seen by everyone, they can decide what they want.

7 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Italy got robbed 2 times with video challenges in this match... in the third set Wallace pushed Juantorena's hand to touch the net but Brazil got the point, in the second set there was a ball touch by a Brazilian but they still got the point.

It's sad that, despite the video is seen by everyone, they can decide what they want.

I know this, but for win a set you must score around 25 points. "Only" two points don't change the match. We played in Brazil, we know that it was very diffcult. I remember that few years ago we was defeated by Slovenia, in 2014 we played a ridiculus world championship. It's the time for think at the future ;) 

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I know this, but for win a set you must score around 25 points. "Only" two points don't change the match. We played in Brazil, we know that it was very diffcult. I remember that few years ago we was defeated by Slovenia, in 2014 we played a ridiculus world championship. It's the time for think at the future ;) 

we lost the second and third set by two points each, not 25-0. One point can definitely change a match, in particular in the ending phase of a set ;)

18 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Exactly. I was cheering again for our team after a long time in which players didn't fight at all (in London 2012 I wasn't, for example. I was very sad Bulgaria lost the bronze to Italy, I admit it). But these guys are finally fighting again as a team is supposed to, showing they want to give all they have to win, and they made me very proud despite the "loss" of the gold (we won a beautiful silver imo, and nothing else). As you said, let's not forget that our setter, despite showing great plays and all, is still only 20... can you imagine in 8 years, when he'll be around the "standard maturity age for a setter" (and hopefully in Rome) what he's going to do, hopefully supported by another great team as this one is? :) I can't wait honestly!!

I just learned this.

"Nineteen-year-old Tijana Boskovic became the first player in Olympic history to break the 100kph mark at exactly that speed against China" :yikes:

and at the end she was not in best Olympic team. :mumble: Rasic and Mihajlovic were in top 7 players.