website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

juddy96

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

Actually he has a good draw, the bottom half is much tougher, the Armenian is indeed a former world champion but he didn't even qualify for Rio. he was lucky to get invited because of that Meldonium case. his 2nd opponent will be probably easy for him. he has a tough semifinal against either Asgarov or Gadzhiev.

What about the other side of the bracket, who do you think will iwn that ?

Just now, intoronto said:

What about the other side of the bracket, who do you think will iwn that ?

VERY hard to predict. Ramonov on paper but from what I saw , Russian freestyle wrestlers was a bit out of shape here, (even Sadullaev didn't kill anybody here)

with this crazy scheduling , the conditioning is very important here, in most wrestling tournaments there are usually 1-2 hours between matches, but here usually less than 30 minutes. so getting a bye in 1st round is a big thing, so I give more chances to those 3 guys in bottom half with "bye" in 1st round. Batirov maybe. Novruzov despite being a last year silver medalist never impressed me.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

VERY hard to predict. Ramonov on paper but from what I saw , Russian freestyle wrestlers was a bit out of shape here, (even Sadullaev didn't kill anybody here)

with this crazy scheduling , the conditioning is very important here, in most wrestling tournaments there are usually 1-2 hours between matches, but here usually less than 30 minutes. so getting a bye in 1st round is a big thing, so I give more chances to those 3 guys in bottom half with "bye" in 1st round. Batirov maybe. Novruzov despite being a last year silver medalist never impressed me.

Yogeshwar Dutt? How are his chances? :(

Though he didn't wrestle much in last few years. :wall:

1 minute ago, gubchandrolai said:

Yogeshwar Dutt? How are his chances? :(

Though he didn't wrestle much in last few years. :wall:

he has a tough Mongolian in 1st round, then that Chinese guy I forgot to mention before, the dark horse here. if he can survives these 2 matches he has a chance,

considering his age, It will be really hard for him to survive wrestling 4 close matches in 2 hours.

lol what a quick day for Nasiri. worst defense ever, we had a gold medal caliber wrestler in this weight in Ahmad Mohammadi . they forced him to wrestle this guy when he was injured, made his injury much worse and therefore killed our chance for a possible gold. that's why I hate this "trial" system. when you know who is better, just send him to the Olympics.

13 minutes ago, zob79 said:

Andriitsev destroyed Boltukaev! 8-5 final score after 0-4 at the end of first period :yikes:

I have absolutely no idea why they wouldn't send the silver medalist from 2015 instead.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

what a mistake by our coach, why the hell you are challenging a decision against Azerbaijan ? they own UWW. they will NEVER change decision against Azerbaijan. Gazyumov's knee touched the mat and Yazdani got robbed, but we knew how it works.

with Boltukaev losing ,Yazdani had gold medal in his pocket winning this one. :(