website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

juddy96

The call was indeed controversial , but I have to say the whole officiating was terrible , the rules are not clear and this creates controversy

First the center referee should not stop the match while the American still had the leg and was attacking , that was a mistake in first place. with that stop they "had" to give that 1point and caution to the Cuban which could win the match for him. but they probably gave that 2 pts to Cox to make up for that early mistake. terrible terrible officiating.

btw Cox somehow got robbed in semifinal against the naturalized Russian wrestler (representing Turkey) they had to make up for that.

Yasar standing there like he wants to call his mom, go home and get a kiss :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

I'm not a wrestling expert, anyone know if Frank Chamizo have a good schance for win a medal? In Italy all media are ottimist but i think that they aren't the best for the wrestling news :p  

He is the defending world champion, so with similar form, sure why not ? :p 

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

I'm not a wrestling expert, anyone know if Frank Chamizo have a good schance for win a medal? In Italy all media are ottimist but i think that they aren't the best for the wrestling news :p  

He has a very bad draw, he can lose in 1st round and not go to repechage, but he can also win the tournament.

Только что, Gianlu33 сказал:

He has quite strong Armenian wrestler (former world champion) in the 1/8 then in semifinal he can meet the winner of Gadziyev (Poland) vs Toghrul (Azerbaijan, Chamizo beat him in the semifinal of last WC).So, yes, hard draw. But, of course, i hope he wont be Olympic champion, since we have our own sportsmen in this category :)

31 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

He has a very bad draw, he can lose in 1st round and not go to repechage, but he can also win the tournament.

Actually he has a good draw, the bottom half is much tougher, the Armenian is indeed a former world champion but he didn't even qualify for Rio. he was lucky to get invited because of that Meldonium case. his 2nd opponent will be probably easy for him. he has a tough semifinal against either Asgarov or Gadzhiev.