website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

• 3 weeks later...

And we go, FIS back the older dear FIS that we love. And they take on the most exhilarating decision that i could only imagine... The next step is the 15km blind and with with only one ski, I guess.

Btw, from FIS website:

The athletes competing in team competitions will score the following individual World Cup points according to the final ranking of their team.

Relays will count for the Distance World Cup standing and Overall World Cup standing. Team Sprints will count for the Sprint World Cup standing and Overall World Cup standing.

There is still the possibility that this will be drop in the autumn meeting.

21 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

And we go, FIS back the older dear FIS that we love. And they take on the most exhilarating decision that i could only imagine... The next step is the 15km blind and with with only one ski, I guess.

Btw, from FIS website:

The athletes competing in team competitions will score the following individual World Cup points according to the final ranking of their team.

Relays will count for the Distance World Cup standing and Overall World Cup standing. Team Sprints will count for the Sprint World Cup standing and Overall World Cup standing.

There is still the possibility that this will be drop in the autumn meeting.

Lol.

Anyway, I can't remember the last time I cared much for who wins the World Cup, it's just about watching nice competitions :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

36 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Marit Bjoergen announced her return from retirement, at 40 she is already preparing for vasaloppet

https://www.aftenposten.no/sport/langrenn/i/y3WJaa/bjoergen-tilbake-i-sporet-skal-gaa-vasaloppet?

Oh no, the one race I thought could not be made more boring in the women's category.... :lol: (that includes Johaug's victories, yes)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

35 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Marit Bjoergen announced her return from retirement, at 40 she is already preparing for vasaloppet

https://www.aftenposten.no/sport/langrenn/i/y3WJaa/bjoergen-tilbake-i-sporet-skal-gaa-vasaloppet?

Plenty of people in their 40s making a living on the Loppet Tour.

Meanwhile, the South American season has apparently been cancelled. Some confusing about exactly what the situation is: Brazilians decided they're not going even if it's possible, which at the moment it's not? Argentinians and Chileans decided to cancel their races? It's South American winter sports, nobody knows what the plan is until after the finish, but probably the races won't happen.