website statistics

Rowing at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dareza

I'm confident both Mexican rowers can advance tomorrow and avoid the repechages. Still, the heats doesn't seem to be real balanced, at least in Single Sculls.

Does the time in the prelims affects the seeding for the next rounds?

31 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I'm confident both Mexican rowers can advance tomorrow and avoid the repechages. Still, the heats doesn't seem to be real balanced, at least in Single Sculls.

Does the time in the prelims affects the seeding for the next rounds?

Yes, it affects the seeding. If you get in repechage you can expect a bad draw later.

#banbestmen

I've heard that there are no benefits. All lanes are very similar . Actually athletes had problems yesterday with huge winds and they expect that for 2 days will be similar conditions (and in days after that). So, maybe we can expect surprises in rowing.

Edited by dareza

2 minutes ago, dareza said:

I've heard that there are no benefits. All lanes are very similar . Actually athletes had problems yesterday with huge winds and they expect that for 2 days will be similar conditions (and in days after that). So, maybe we can expect surprises in rowing.

Well, there are benefits in strength of the quarterfinals/semifinals. Athletes who advance automatically can expect easier line ups.

#banbestmen

Alan Campbell in Lane 4 for heat 4 for Team GB today.

Poznan 2009 Silver and London 2012 bronze

Edited by Mkbw50

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Stunning venue :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!