website statistics

Modern Pentathlon at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Vojthas

9 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Today was the first time I watched almost an entire Modern Pentathlon competition, seriously I never want to disrespect any sport but honestly the running/shooting part was like a circus ! some people were running to the left, some to the right. just inches away from each other :d I wonder if all those fans in stadium could understand what the hell is happening and where is the finish line !

Yeah, that running track looked like a labyrinth to me :lol:

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Definitely, it's just that mainstream idea that uncooperative horses are the ones to blame even though in most of the cases (but not all) riders are the ones responsible for their problems. On the other hand, if a horse is shaking from fear of the crowds then organizers are the ones to blame for doing a lousy job when preparing/selecting the horses.

I remember Bulgarian athlete today who didn't seem to know what he was doing in this stage. Went straight through first fence and then had 4 refusals in a row.

The fact that you can be a terrible show jumper and still qualify for the Olympics in modern pentathlon is sort of concerning.

It's really silly, at worlds and world cups they don't even do show jumping in qualifying. Either include show jumping or get rid of it.

14 hours ago, MHSN said:

Today was the first time I watched almost an entire Modern Pentathlon competition, seriously I never want to disrespect any sport but honestly the running/shooting part was like a circus ! some people were running to the left, some to the right. just inches away from each other :d I wonder if all those fans in stadium could understand what the hell is happening and where is the finish line !

Shooting ? :yikes:

14 hours ago, MHSN said:

It would be easier to follow if they set out a lap that goes around the stadium a bit as well, like go out of the stadium in one side, get back in on the other side and that way create more space inside the stadium to keep it easier to follow who's where :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

In Poland during competitions there is a horse I noticed a few years ago - Arero. He is really difficult, many athletes get refusals/eliminations on it (Lithuania lost gold in Junior WCH in 2014 as Guzauskaite fell down from him), but if someone is really good in communicating with horses can achieve better result. It is about the skill, not only the luck (of course, some athletes get easier horse, but it's their fault to be worse rider if they have more difficult horse).

@BearasI see you wrote that Serapinaite was good in combined and this time she made weak performance. I may asure you she's not. She used to be around average, which was very weak for she's Lithuanian and it's your best event (Asadauskaite, Guzauskaite, Venckauskaite, Tamasauskaite - all great runners). I rememeber that she lost 31 secs during just 1,5 lap at Junior WCH in Drzonków in 2014 against Földházi and lost gold this way. And Zsófia was not as strong in this event as she is now.