website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

24 minuty temu, intoronto napisał:

Funny thing is the head of the appeals committee is Canadian ...

"isn`t it ironic" ? ;)

Canada is a very "fair" nation, he probably has a tough time though

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Just saw Isinbayeva's comments, pure comedy gold :lol:

Isinbayeva: "Winning gold without Isinbayeva is not a real gold. Of course I will congratulate the new Olympic champion, but even she will know it isn't a real gold."

You get a million chances to be angry as hell about the people responsible for you not competing (her government/authorities/federations), and this is what she says :rofl:

Oh, how beautiful. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, perfect reaction from Dunfee himself to the whole incident :)

In short: "Reinstating Arai to 3rd place was the only right decision."

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 7 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Isinbayeva: "Winning gold without Isinbayeva is not a real gold. Of course I will congratulate the new Olympic champion, but even she will know it isn't a real gold."

You get a million chances to be angry as hell about the people responsible for you not competing (her government/authorities/federations), and this is what she says :rofl:

Oh, how beautiful. 

When I see her or hear her in an interview I feel nothing but aggressiveness. This *****, that supports a man who gives a shit about human rights or country's borders, blaming everyone but the ones who are really responsible. How the hell did she get elected for IOC?!? 

vor 1 Minute schrieb heywoodu:

By the way, perfect reaction from Dunfee himself to the whole incident :)

In short: "Reinstating Arai to 3rd place was the only right decision."

This is just pure class!!!

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

i have watched the scene in live :the Canadian hit the Japanese with the elbow

the bronze is for Japan

Just like driving, if you're the one behind it's your responsibility not to hit the guy in front of you.  In any case, it was pretty clear the Japanese guy hit him on purpose.  

With the decision in the replay last night and now this, no one can say the judging is fair.  I said last night that I thought the re-race was the best solution but it wouldn't have been done for any other country.  They just proved that.  Absolute farce.  

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh, how beautiful. 

It's sad. I really liked her until the 2013 Worlds. Since then it's just gone the wrong way!

21 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Just like driving, if you're the one behind it's your responsibility not to hit the guy in front of you.  In any case, it was pretty clear the Japanese guy hit him on purpose.  

With the decision in the replay last night and now this, no one can say the judging is fair.  I said last night that I thought the re-race was the best solution but it wouldn't have been done for any other country.  They just proved that.  Absolute farce.  

Come on. If even the athlete in question says "it was not intentional, the only mistake made was that I let it put me off mentally" and "Arai in 3rd is the only right decision", that's the end of the story. I trust Evan's judgement more than yours, mine or anyone else's in this case :)

And no. It has nothing to do with the USA 4x100 team. 

Edited by heywoodu