website statistics

Shooting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

47 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

:IND INDIA

• Abhinav Bindra (M) – 10 m air rifle
  • Gagan Narang (M) – 10 m air rifle, 50 m rifle prone, 50 m rifle 3 positions*
  • Chain Singh (M) – 50 m rifle prone, 50 m rifle 3 positions
  • Jitu Rai (M) – 10 m air pistol, 50 m pistol
  • Gurpreet Singh (M) – 10 m air pistol, 25 m rapid fire pistol
  • Prakash Nanjappa (M) – 50 m pistol
  • Kynan Chenai (M) – Trap
  • Manavjit Singh Sandhu* (M) – Trap
  • Mairaj Ahmad Khan (M) – Skeet
  • Apurvi Chandela (W) – 10 m air rifle
  • Ayonika Paul (W) – 10 m air rifle
  • Heena Sidhu (W) – 10 m air pistol, 25 m pistol

* exchange of quota places in the 50 m rifle 3 positions (won by Sanjeev Rajput) with the men's trap

Difficult choice but the obvious one I think.....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

On 20.3.2016 at 7:29 AM, MantaRaymarc said:

Brazil already gave up the host place in the women's air pistol. Instead, it will be swapped to either of the following shooters: Bruno Lion Heck (rifle) or Julio Almeida (pistol).

Does Germany (Monika Karsch) have any chance to get that place? Does Germany have any (other) chance to get a place in womens air pistol?

I think otherwise we should trade one of our quota places in mens 10 m air rifle or mens double trap for a place in womens air pistol.

List of athletes who won a quota place by nation:

http://www.issf-sports.org/competitions/ogqualification/quota_places/quota_places_by_nation_and_name.ashx

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 3/21/2016 at 0:26 AM, OlympicsFan said:

Does Germany (Monika Karsch) have any chance to get that place? Does Germany have any (other) chance to get a place in womens air pistol?

I think otherwise we should trade one of our quota places in mens 10 m air rifle or mens double trap for a place in womens air pistol.

List of athletes who won a quota place by nation:

http://www.issf-sports.org/competitions/ogqualification/quota_places/quota_places_by_nation_and_name.ashx

I don't think the Germans might trade places in the men's double trap with the women's air pistol, since there's just one spot. What's the qualifying criteria thus far for Germany in shooting?

Edited by MantaRaymarc

On 25.3.2016 at 1:28 PM, MantaRaymarc said:

I don't think the Germans might trade places in the men's double trap with the women's air pistol, since there's just one spot. What's the qualifying criteria thus far for Germany in shooting?

I know that we only have one spot, but Karsch would have a medal chance in womens air pistol and womens 25 m pistol, in mens double trap we wont have a medal chance. I know that we wont do this, because it would be unfair for the athletes in mens double trap, but it would be the best thing to do if we wont to improve our medal chances. I think (but i am not sure) that there will be a competition for the quota places, the first (and second) athlete will qualify for Rio.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I know that we only have one spot, but Karsch would have a medal chance in womens air pistol and womens 25 m pistol, in mens double trap we wont have a medal chance. I know that we wont do this, because it would be unfair for the athletes in mens double trap, but it would be the best thing to do if we wont to improve our medal chances. I think (but i am not sure) that there will be a competition for the quota places, the first (and second) athlete will qualify for Rio.

I think there's a big chance that she will get Pfeilschifter's place, who has retired. One of our women in the rifle events might simply participate in both disciplines.

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I think there's a big chance that she will get Pfeilschifter's place, who has retired. One of our women in the rifle events might simply participate in both disciplines.

The best solution would be to give Kreutzers quota place to Engleder and Pfeilschifters quota place to Karsch, but that would be unfair. Engleder and Karsch have to be in Rio, everything else would be unacceptable.

7 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

The best solution would be to give Kreutzers quota place to Engleder and Pfeilschifters quota place to Karsch, but that would be unfair. Engleder and Karsch have to be in Rio, everything else would be unacceptable.

Why Karsch? How about Munkhbayar Dorsjuren? She and Karsch share the highest score among the women in the air pistol.