website statistics

Shooting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

11 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

With Americans sheer power in shotgun that is surprising ' look at some of the names on  their team 

• Joshua Richmond, Walton Eller
  • Vincent Hancock, 
  • Corey Cogdell
  • Kimberly Rhode

Only Richmond and Eller will compete in men's double trap. Corey Cogdell had just qualified directly in the women's trap. Kimberly Rhode used to compete in women's trap, but not this time, because she didn't attain an MQS.

• 2 weeks later...

Re-allocation of unused quota places (as of June 19, 2016)

:NED – Rejected

:BRN – Mahmood Haji (10 m air rifle, 50 m rifle prone, 50 m rifle 3 positions)

:ROU – Alin Moldoveanu (10 m air rifle)

:AZE – Ruslan Lunev (10 m air pistol, 25 m rapid fire pistol)

:LTU – Ronaldas Račinskas (Skeet)

:EST – Peeter Olesk (10 m air pistol, 25 m rapid fire pistol)

:RSA – Rejected

:COL – Danilo Caro (Trap)

:UZB – Vadim Skorovarov (10 m air rifle)

:ARM – Hrachik Babayan (10 m air rifle, 50 m rifle 3 positions)

:MAR – Mohamed Ramah (Double trap)

As you noticed, the unused places were all awarded to the men, and none of the women had received any of them thus far. Armenia and Morocco received invitations from ISSF to send their shooters to the Olympics, as Russia had two double starters competing in their respective events. 22 places were distributed to the NOCs under the Tripartite Commission, but four NOCs have two wildcards in which only one of them should be valid for the Olympics. If this happens, the next set of unqualified NOCs will get the remaining places: Latvia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, and Tajikistan.

Further information about the changes in the Quota Places since the end of the Qualification Period will be published on the ISSF website by tomorrow. 

Edited by MantaRaymarc

guys do you have a clear link for the rules for quota exchange ..................... I have said in my national forum that the maximum number of quotas that a country can exchange is one ................ There are so many people arguing that a country can exchange as many quotas as they please ....................... am I right ? ............... do give me a link ?  

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi