Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Danylove80

Golf at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

A wonderful golf tournament giving hopes for the sport staying in the Olympics. It seems like all players really enjoyed it!

Sadly Stenson had a small injury in the back during the 13th hole. Might have been what costed the victory, but I'm really happy for Justin Rose. He's one of the players who have been all in on the Olympics.

I am sure that every one of these 60 players wouldn't even consider changing their decision if they got the chance.

The stars staying away has put the sport behind in the race for staying, but this tournament really helped catching up!

Stenson's 2nd place has put him up one place on the World Ranking making him no.  4 (overtaking McIlroy).

Justin Rose moves back into the top 10 and Kuchar back into top 15.

"TEMPORARY FAULT"

Really BBC/OBS? idk who's fault it is

Quadruple bogey for :ESP Ciganda, one of the higher ranked after first day :facepalm:

I'm sensing danger. Lydia Ko is on the move!

Meanwhile Nicole throws away her chance for a medal! :(

Wind is destroying competition.

6 minutes ago, George_D said:

i think this sport was the worst of the competition.

I don´t agree. at first I thought the same, and was very sceptical about..and I absolutely ignored the first 3 days of mens competition,.. but then somehow I started to watch the 4th mens day, mainly because nothing else started yet this morning and I must say that I liked the competition very much, It catched me strongly and I tried to follow the race the whole day as much as possible, even I watched the last 4 holes in integrality and the fight for gold between Stenson and Rose was very exciting.

ofc that only my opinion :d but I loved it much and now I´m for to maintain this sport under the 5 rings :)

I didn't follow the women's tournament as closely as the men's (where most of all 4 rounds was on either my tv or computer), but it has been another very interesting one. 

Inbee Park played very well on 3 of the 4 rounds, and it was clear only a few holes in the 4th round that she would be out of reach.

Meanwhile the world's no. 1, Lydia Ko had a rather mediocre start, but then rushed up the field with a great 3rd round.

Shanshang Feng on the other hand played 4 solid, but not great rounds, making her 3rd.

Sadly Nicole threw away the chance for medals with a quadruple bogey in the beginning of the 3rd round. Nanna could have wanted a slightly better 3rd round, just as she needed to be a bit better with the putter on the 4th.

All in all I am in favour of golf staying after these 2 tournaments (no surprise, as I'm one of the most pro-golf members here).

Some very good and exciting tournaments and it seems very clear that all the golfers who have been in Rio were very excited about being part of it. I would be very surprised if we see as many withdrawals for the golf in Tokyo.

Men's Individual

olygolf.jpg?w=670

Women's Individual

Golf - Olympics: Day 15