Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

dcro

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

9 hours ago, vinipereira said:

From the little I watched today, I thought the first session did have good attendance? Maybe I'm wrong... Anyway, Jumping finals were sold out (for brazilians at least) long time before the Olympics. I believe Jumping is considered the main Equestrian event?

Well, there seem to be some empty parts, definitely towards the end, but yeah it was a solid attendance.

I wouldn't call it main, rather most popular :p

We have start list for today. :IRL Reynolds got the best possible draw, gonna be a great moment for her to compete here. :thumbup:

First to go Steffen Peters will surely cause much laughter with his dressage-related rap music towards the end of the performance. "...I go crazy when I see those people in the high hats that play through dressage, I wanna roll and it's time to passage. Nice. Yo man, let's get outta here" :lol:

Steffen Peters 79%, very strong score to start!

:DEN Kasprzak impresses with her Phil Collins music :) Pitty for mistakes in changes though!

She gets 76.875%

I am loving this routine by Fiona and Orthilia! I don't have a trained eye for dressage but I like the energy of it :)

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

The British commentators said there were 3 huge mistakes though.

Yeah, horse changed to canter by mistake twice. There was also a mistake in flying changes every second stride.

It's nice to see Bigwood here nevertheless. She is riding with eye patch because she still sometimes has double vision following a horrible fall two years ago.

Just now, dcro said:

Yeah, horse changed to canter by mistake twice. There was also a mistake in flying changes every second stride.

It's nice to see Bigwood here nevertheless. She is riding with eye patch because she still sometimes has double vision following a horrible fall two years ago.

Yes, the commentators explained that she had a bad injury in 2014. Great to see her here on the biggest stage :)

Looks like Patrik Kittel made a change to his music just before Olympics. Usually he had Stevie Wonder mix with this horse. Makes some mistakes in flying changes though.