website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dcro

9 hours ago, vinipereira said:

From the little I watched today, I thought the first session did have good attendance? Maybe I'm wrong... Anyway, Jumping finals were sold out (for brazilians at least) long time before the Olympics. I believe Jumping is considered the main Equestrian event?

Well, there seem to be some empty parts, definitely towards the end, but yeah it was a solid attendance.

I wouldn't call it main, rather most popular :p

#banbestmen

We have start list for today. :IRL Reynolds got the best possible draw, gonna be a great moment for her to compete here. :thumbup:

First to go Steffen Peters will surely cause much laughter with his dressage-related rap music towards the end of the performance. "...I go crazy when I see those people in the high hats that play through dressage, I wanna roll and it's time to passage. Nice. Yo man, let's get outta here" :lol:

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

The British commentators said there were 3 huge mistakes though.

Yeah, horse changed to canter by mistake twice. There was also a mistake in flying changes every second stride.

It's nice to see Bigwood here nevertheless. She is riding with eye patch because she still sometimes has double vision following a horrible fall two years ago.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Yeah, horse changed to canter by mistake twice. There was also a mistake in flying changes every second stride.

It's nice to see Bigwood here nevertheless. She is riding with eye patch because she still sometimes has double vision following a horrible fall two years ago.

Yes, the commentators explained that she had a bad injury in 2014. Great to see her here on the biggest stage :)