website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I am currently in Belgrade which is about 600 km north of Albania so i didnt feel any tremor at all. But i heard that it was felt by many Belgrade inhabitants. I am sure that earthquake was very strong in my hometown Podgorica which is very close to the epicentre. I cant imagine that force (6,5) since the most powerfull earthquake i felt was about 5.2.

Crazy thing about earthquakes. 2011 Japan earthquake was so strong that it moved earth axis and shortned duration of day. Whole Earth was shaking at least 1 cm. Imagine that force.

One of the more beautiful towns in the Baltic :wub:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

You mean Balkans? :yes

Yes :(. Stupid similarly named places in Europe :mad:.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

36 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Morocco Monaco and the manga Maroko 

Olympic1010 was never good in geography , he thinks that the earth is flate and the world is limited between Texas and santa monica ,the 2 places where they sell bigmac without cheese 

I’m not one to brag, though I do seem to do it often on here (and that makes me said a bit, because that’s not really my personality, especially when it comes to sports). But I felt the need to #humblebrag right now so:

477FC30A-0B42-467A-B51C-0E724C3B6F85.jpeg

Made it to the California State Geography Bee finals. I qualified out of regionals thanks to my knowledge of Guatemala’s National Bird (the Quetzal). I was eliminated at state finals because I missed two questions (One was about: Which is more likely to live in the Artic, a fossa or a musk ox? And the other was about naming countries that border the Danube River).

Safe to say I know a bit geography. I score in the 99th percentile in the US.

Also, I don’t think the world is “flate”, not would I ever eat a BigMac in my life. I’m also pretty certain I know the difference between :MON and :MAR. I just made an honest/lazy mistake.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Sydney allows people to drink alcohol after midnight again. It's shocking that a modern day prohibition doesn't work :lol:  These bozos needed millions of dollars lost to understand that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50581814

That’s why I’m for the legalization of marijuana, and the establishment of supervised consumption services in the United States. People are going to do drugs. That’s just a fact unfortunately, but we should at least try to offer them as much help as we can. Sydney’s supervised consumption center has been very successful. I’m surprised they had a law like this, especially knowing how much Aussies love their beers.