website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Got to love Holiday traffic :p. Thankfully it’s not as bad where I live (expect that everyone is crashing because of snow on the pass into town)

https://twitter.com/abc7/status/1199751529915240450?s=21

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Got to love Holiday traffic :p. Thankfully it’s not as bad where I live (expect that everyone is crashing because of snow on the pass into town)

https://twitter.com/abc7/status/1199751529915240450?s=21

It's moving though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

It's moving though.

You’ve clearly never been in LA traffic. It’s almost certainly the 9th circle of Hell.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

You’ve clearly never been in LA traffic. It’s almost certainly the 9th circle of Hell.

Well, you showed a video and in said video, the cars are all moving. Not fast, but I've been in worse (ie, not moving at all, for a long time).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well, you showed a video and in said video, the cars are all moving. Not fast, but I've been in worse (ie, not moving at all, for a long time).

It’ll get worse as we get closer to Thanksgiving (tomorrow afternoon/evening). Southern California drivers are notoriously the worst drivers in the US (frequent brake checks, no one indicates change of lane, park incorrectly, zero respect for other drivers, violate right of way, etc.) I think @dezbee2008 and @Maxim Fastovsky might be able to back me up here.

On 26/11/2019 at 08:16, Olympian1010 said:

It was confirmed to be felt as far north as Bulgaria, and as far west as Italy. Supposedly our Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin users should have felt a mean jolt too. You guys feel anything thing  @dcro @ChandlerMne @stefanbg (and the others I can’t remember off the top of my head (sorry)?

I am currently in Belgrade which is about 600 km north of Albania so i didnt feel any tremor at all. But i heard that it was felt by many Belgrade inhabitants. I am sure that earthquake was very strong in my hometown Podgorica which is very close to the epicentre. I cant imagine that force (6,5) since the most powerfull earthquake i felt was about 5.2.

Crazy thing about earthquakes. 2011 Japan earthquake was so strong that it moved earth axis and shortened duration of day. Whole Earth was shaking at least 1 cm. Imagine that force.

Edited by ChandlerMne