website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

A possibility (though I’m not a huge fan of Atlanta), but I’m much more well acquainted with, and model my writing after the Inside the Games team. Inside The Games also has much better health benefits, career benefits, and travel benefits.

I wish we were such a possibility some day... but if you leave us now...

4 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I wish we were such a possibility some day... but if you leave us now...

We’d be fucked :p. I actually almost didn’t even try because I love what we do so much. I completely agree that in a few years time, and with some good advertising, we could be a major player in the game too. Our biggest problem is still the lack of full-time reporters. It wouldn’t be as bad if we had 10-15 part-time reporters, but right now we have 2, with another reporter with unknown availability joining before the YOG.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

We’d be fucked :p. I actually almost didn’t even try because I love what we do so much. I completely agree that in a few years time, and with some good advertising, we could be a major player in the game too. Our biggest problem is still the lack of full-time reporters. It wouldn’t be as bad if we had 10-15 part-time reporters, but right now we have 2, with another reporter with unknown availability joining before the YOG.

It'd be awesome if that's true, but I have my doubt as to how realistic that is..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

It'd be awesome if that's true, but I have my doubt as to how realistic that is..

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

You’ve really been pushing musical references lately :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I agree it’s a total long shot, but you never know. We going to start attending more events, we’re getting more active on social media, and we’re working on better ways to advertise. It’s just about staying positive, we had a good rough patch after the World Beach Games, but our website is seeing steady growth. Plus, I will be doing my best to get as much content as I can while I’m in Tokyo. We’re just trying to stay positive and continue to improve.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I agree it’s a total long shot, but you never know. We going to start attending more events, we’re getting more active on social media, and we’re working on better ways to advertise. It’s just about staying positive, we had a good rough patch after the World Beach Games, but our website is seeing steady growth. Plus, I will be doing my best to get as much content as I can while I’m in Tokyo. We’re just trying to stay positive and continue to improve.

It'd be interesting to see some numbers to back that up. Out of curiousity by the way, not out of 'I don't believe you'.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It'd be interesting to see some numbers to back that up. Out of curiousity by the way, not out of 'I don't believe you'.

Your doubt confuses me. There is a TISC-News article with >1500 comments. :evil:

https://tisc-news.totallympics.com/?p=735

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Your doubt confuses me. There is a TISC-News article with >1500 comments. :evil:

Yeah but 34 of them are about tadalafil so they don't count.

28 minutes ago, dcro said:

Is this a cruel joke? We are: games24.totallympics. Sir