website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

The current best Slovak athlete not competing for Slovakia :p Belinda Bencic has announced her engagement. :) now let´s hope her future husband will somehow find a way to convince her to represent the right country. Kidding ofc, even under :SUI flag she is still considered here as ours :p:whistle:

Spoiler

image.png

Just now, hckosice said:

The current best Slovak athlete not competing for Slovakia :p

I learned like last week or something both Bencic and Hingis have significant Slovak heritage :yikes: 

I had no clue, especially about Hingis.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I learned like last week or something both Bencic and Hingis have significant Slovak heritage :yikes: 

I had no clue, especially about Hingis.

and Roger Federer is married to Mirka from Slovakia. I don´t know what´s wrong with the Swiss Tennis players :d

Martina Hingis is more of Czech decency. however her birth place is one very nice place in the east of Slovakia named Košice :p

In other side Belinda Bencic or if you want in slovakian Belinda Benčičová is more slovak than anything else, speaking perfect middle-slovakian dialect, living the bigger part of her non tennis year in Slovakia and one of the biggest fans and presenters of Slovak culture.

especially her slovakian is really great, she is often host in our shows also radio shows.

btw her grandfather was a Slovan Bratislava ice hockey player, never made it to the National Team but was one of the biggest our ice hockey player of the 60´s. also her father was a Ice Hockey player that turned to be her tennis coach and the one aho know how piss her off as heck :lol:

Just now, hckosice said:

and Roger Federer is married to Mirka from Slovakia. I don´t know what´s wrong with the Swiss Tennis players :d

Martina Hingis is more of Czech decency. however her birth place is one very nice place in the east of Slovakia named Košice :p

In other side Belinda Bencic or if you want in slovakian Belinda Benčičová is more slovak than anything else, speaking perfect middle-slovakian dialect, living the bigger part of her non tennis year in Slovakia and one of the biggest fans and presenters of Slovak culture.

especially her slovakian is really great, she is often host in our shows also radio shows.

btw her grandfather was a Slovan Bratislava ice hockey player, never made it to the National Team but was one of the biggest our ice hockey player of the 60´s. also her father was a Ice Hockey player that turned to be her tennis coach and the one aho know how piss her off as heck :lol:

Well yeah I assumed her father and grandfather were Slovak so obviously they were ice hockey players :p Really, you'd be a lot quicker off if you just make a list of Slovaks who were not ice hockey players :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Well yeah I assumed her father and grandfather were Slovak so obviously they were ice hockey players :p Really, you'd be a lot quicker off if you just make a list of Slovaks who were not ice hockey players :p 

yep, well, you´ll certainly find more ice hockey players than adherents of Korfball in Slovakia :lol:

Just now, hckosice said:

yep, well, you´ll certainly find more ice hockey players than adherents of Korfball in Slovakia :lol:

Korfball: 90.000 people playing

Ice hockey: 13.000 people playing

:p 

Spoiler

Mini golf: 135.000 people playing :d 

Edited by heywoodu

Just now, heywoodu said:

Korfball: 90.000 people playing

Ice hockey: 13.000 people playing

:p 

Hide contents

Mini golf: 135.000 people playing :d 

Ice Hockey: 10.727 registred players M & W

Korfball:  50 registred players M & W

:lol:

Just now, hckosice said:

Ice Hockey: 10.727 registred players M & W

I find this seriously, extremely disappointing for Slovakia btw :yikes:

Just now, hckosice said:

This is just the registred players.

But still, I expected at least 100.000 :d