website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Just now, vinipereira said:

Great. I have most of these channels, but honestly I only watch Sportv 2 and 3 (the main channel is for football only). In these two you can watch a lot of motor and Olympic sports. ESPN is mostly for "american sports" like american football, golf, hockey and basketball, which I don't really follow (sometimes I watch the surfing because of the brazilians). Fox Sports channels are the worst in my opinion, simply because they're mostly about football all day long.

But I know Fox Sports shows NASCAR (there's been a few times when I was watching here at home and my girlfriend was watching in Brazil, on Fox), so I'd take it for that :p 

I'd be pretty happy with SporTV only, but if we have ESPN and Fox too, no way am I not going to check out what they're showing...even if they show football 95% of the time, that's still 5% with potentially better things :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, bestmen said:

waaaaa from Venezuela , all of you stand up  , hands up and dance dance dance

I refuse to dance.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

But I know Fox Sports shows NASCAR (there's been a few times when I was watching here at home and my girlfriend was watching in Brazil, on Fox), so I'd take it for that :p 

I'd be pretty happy with SporTV only, but if we have ESPN and Fox too, no way am I not going to check out what they're showing...even if they show football 95% of the time, that's still 5% with potentially better things :d 

ESPN shows a lot of ICC, FIBA, and FIFA events in the US on their new pay-for streaming platform ESPN+. I’m sure it exists in Brazil too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@heywoodu You are missing nothing by not watching American Football, Baseball, or NASCAR. You actually get brain loss from watching those. Those sports have fallen big into American Politics. NASCAR and American Football are for conservatives. Basketball and Soccer are for Liberals. Baseball and IndyCar are stuck somewhere in the middle.

I used to watch NASCAR religiously when I was young. I lost interest around 12-14 years old, especially after I discovered Olympic sports and winter sports. The first Olympic sport I watched religiously was Alpine Skiing. Though between the ages of 13-14, I probably watched the Vancouver 2010 Biathlon events 20-30 times.

NASCAR is sooooo boring. They go in a circle a lot of times, which doesn’t bother me when the races are close, but when there’s a clear leader there’s nothing to make it interesting. The sport is also pretty Southern elitist. Plus, many of the fans and racers are very racist and sexist. It’s just all around a bad series. I much prefer WEC, IMSA, and IndyCar myself.

American Football will be fun to watch a few times though. I just hate the sport because of the culture around it. Plus, as someone who advocates for safe sport, American Football isn’t on the top of my list. I think you’ll like it though.

I’d highly recommend watching some Brazilian Ju-Jitsu matches if you get the chance.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Thank you for explaining to me that things I have enjoyed watching for quite some time now are things I would not miss :)

Which is weird, because OMG I actually watch it because I like it :yikes:

I wouldn't have asked about in this case NASCAR if I didn't like it, would I? I watch every race of the year, because I like it. May I decide by myself whether or not I do? You finding it boring (because yes, your opinion is not a fact) doesn't mean I can not enjoy it.

So there. Hope I didn't get across too angry at someone trying to tell me what I am supposed to like or not even though I already like them or not.

I have watched some Brazilian jiu-jitsu and I'm still recovering from the brain damage the boredom gave me, so no thanks :)

"Hey I'm coming to the Netherlands for a few weeks, any idea where I could watch the skateboarding on TV so I won't have to miss it?" 

"No you shouldn't watch it, I find it incredibly boring, so don't watch it." 

Rant mode is on 

WEC, lol. As an avid fan of motor racing, both on two and four wheels, WEC is one of the few things I can not bring myself to watch. Only the 24H of Le Mans but that's tradition, and generally not very exciting. 

Actually, your post is sort of what you accused me of a while ago: pretty much burning down something, or attempting to do so, of which I rather clearly showed I like it. 

And it's football. Yet another thing I'd gladly give up in order to watch NASCAR (and NFL).

Right, never a good idea to go to sleep angry, so imma count to ten and calm down and goodnight everyone, even the Californian Totallympics users :p