website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

He may not post often, but he reacts quite a bit and I’ve seen him on numerous times, though as the “greeter” I may look at that more than others.

Well I'd be glad to see him post more often :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@Laraja @thiago_simoes @vinipereira @hukbrazil

Being an avid sports fan, which TV channels should I definitely have for my stay in Brazil? I'm assuming Formula 1 is shown somewhere, MotoGP too I guess? I'd also very much like to see the athletics world championships of course, and road cycling in case that's shown somewhere (if not, I'll try and VPN home to watch the NOS broadcast :p ). Watching some Stockcar Brasil would be cool if possible and any suggestion is welcome really :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

@Laraja @thiago_simoes @vinipereira @hukbrazil

Being an avid sports fan, which TV channels should I definitely have for my stay in Brazil? I'm assuming Formula 1 is shown somewhere, MotoGP too I guess? I'd also very much like to see the athletics world championships of course, and road cycling in case that's shown somewhere (if not, I'll try and VPN home to watch the NOS broadcast :p ). Watching some Stockcar Brasil would be cool if possible and any suggestion is welcome really :d

So, seems that you love motor sports:lol:

There a few channel sports here, but most part of the time they streaming and talk about football. Formula One you can see in Globo, it's the biggest television company of Brazil. They also have three other sport channels: SporTV, SporTV2 and SporTV3(practice session and grid qualification are showed in those channels, sometimes even the races).

MotoGP and Stockcar Brasil is in Sportv channels, as well. The same for Athletics World Championship

Road Cycling is more difficult, there aren't too much broadcasting of this sport here. The channels of ESPN Brasil (ESPN Brasil, ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN+) show some competitions such as Giro d' Italia, Tour de France and La Vuelta da Espanha. I remember that in Sportv Channels now and then they show World Championships of this Sport

So, that's it. I hope to have helped you

Just now, Laraja said:

So, seems that you love motor sports:lol:

There a few channel sports here, but most part of the time they streaming and talk about football. Formula One you can see in Globo, it's the biggest television company of Brazil. They also have three other sport channels: SporTV, SporTV2 and SporTV3(practice session and grid qualification are showed in those channels, sometimes even the races).

MotoGP and Stockcar Brasil is in Sportv channels, as well. The same for Athletics World Championship

Road Cycling is more difficult, there aren't too much broadcasting of this sport here. The channels of ESPN Brasil (ESPN Brasil, ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN+) show some competitions such as Giro d' Italia, Tour de France and La Vuelta da Espanha. I remember that in Sportv Channels now and then they show World Championships of this Sport

So, that's it. I hope to have helped you

Very much :d I believe we'll have SporTV so that should cover quite a lot already. The only cycling I really want to see during that time is the world championships, I'm sure it'll work with internet in case it's nowhere on TV. I believe ESPN shows NASCAR by the way, that'd be great too :p 

Agora, heywoodu disse:

Very much :d I believe we'll have SporTV so that should cover quite a lot already. The only cycling I really want to see during that time is the world championships, I'm sure it'll work with internet in case it's nowhere on TV. I believe ESPN shows NASCAR by the way, that'd be great too :p 

So, NASCAR you can watch in Fox Sports Brasil, they show some races. They also have 2 channels.

And, there is Formula Indy, a little more popular here than NASCAR. You can watch in BandSports channel.

Just now, Laraja said:

So, NASCAR you can watch in Fox Sports Brasil, they show some races. They also have 2 channels.

And, there is Formula Indy, a little more popular here than NASCAR. You can watch in BandSports channel.

Formula Indy? :yikes: 

Is that what's actually called the IndyCar Series (which I can imagine since there's always been strong Brazilians in there, like Tony Kanaan and Helio Castroneves) or is 'Formula Indy' a Brazilian championship? :d 

Agora, heywoodu disse:

Formula Indy? :yikes: 

Is that what's actually called the IndyCar Series (which I can imagine since there's always been strong Brazilians in there, like Tony Kanaan and Helio Castroneves) or is 'Formula Indy' a Brazilian championship? :d 

Exactly, This is IndyCar Series. I can't call it in that way. Hahaha

Just now, Laraja said:

Exactly, This is IndyCar Series. I can't call it in that way. Hahaha

Cool, I didn't know there were countries were they literally change the entire name of series like IndyCar to not just a translated version, but to something totally different :d 

Brazil continues to surprise me.