website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Weird stuff going on. Friday somewhere in the Netherlands a body was found (probably, they didn't know/say whether or not it was a body until today) and now apparently they identified it as a 43-year old Albanian male. According to Albanian media, it's the self-proclaimed president of Chameria:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chameria

No idea that existed. Another news outlet says his body was found in another place this weekend, but there police says it was a Polish man. So it's pretty sure two bodies were found (most likely unconnected to one another) and this Albanian dude is dead, but it's sort of a mystery who's who.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

A 69 year old (bulgarian) woman, who is living in England, got an appointment date to see a doctor, for after 51 weeks for a brain tumor.. :facepalm: With this paradox, she returned to Bulgaria and on the next day they removed the tumor. I feel sorry for all people in England (and Western Europe) that have to endure this abysmal health system..

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

A 69 year old (bulgarian) woman, who is living in England, got an appointment date to see a doctor, for after 51 weeks for a brain tumor.. :facepalm: With this paradox, she returned to Bulgaria and on the next day they removed the tumor. I feel sorry for all people in England (and Western Europe) that have to endure this abysmal health system..

The worst is their health systems are better than ours...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

43 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Pretty sure you won't have to wait a year if you've got a brain tumor here.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

46 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well in some countries you would have to if it isn’t life threatening. I think that’s what happened here, or she wasn’t a British citizen and didn’t qualify.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It wasn't life threatening i think, but still it's a brain tumor and they can't say come in a year. Until then it could very well be life threatening.. 

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well in some countries you would have to if it isn’t life threatening. I think that’s what happened here, or she wasn’t a British citizen and didn’t qualify.

Scheduling months in advance a regular check-up is one thing, even though i don't think that is normal too.