website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Well, since it's getting deleted in the Euro U21 thread:

If those are the best players, yes. I'd want to have the best players of a country in my team, no matter if they're all black, all white or anything in-between. Much like in a company I'd want for example the board of directors to be entirely filled with the best people for the positions, no matter if they're all male, all female or any random mix.

I mean it’s cool and all to say that, but if anything, Europe has proven in the last 3 years that they do not want that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

26 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I mean it’s cool and all to say that, but if anything, Europe has proven in the last 3 years that they do not want that.

In which situations, to be more exact? Because I partially agree, with all kinds of 'quota' being introduced (or at least discussions about it being rather serious) to artificially change the representation of this or that group instead of focussing on the actual qualities per individual.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In which situations, to be more exact? Because I partially agree, with all kinds of 'quota' being introduced (or at least discussions about it being rather serious) to artificially change the representation of this or that group instead of focussing on the actual qualities per individual.

Well I just like the attitude of Europe is people who aren’t us suck, until they help us win a World Cup, then those few are cool.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

50 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well I just like the attitude of Europe is people who aren’t us suck, until they help us win a World Cup, then those few are cool.

Right, I wouldn't know anything about that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Important question... what you use for mosquitoes, guys ?

Mosquito repellent. I use a brand called “Off!”