website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, dcro said:

And what is Your job, @heywoodu?

He’s a stay at home mom :yes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, AlFHg said:

Go check the periodic table :evil:

I've been reading about the periodic table in that book I spammed :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

He’s a stay at home mom :yes.

Once my kid is born he/she already outranks you in seniority.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, dcro said:

And what is Your job, @heywoodu?

I'm mostly studying :d 

In case there's genuine interest, the place where I study basically functions like this:

1. People with autism or autism-related stuff who can't hold on to some education or can't get a job can get an (IT) education at this place

2. After a while, they help you find a job through their by now rather extensive network of customers

I think so far around 500 people or so got a job through this in the past 10 (?) years, only 2 students left without success. Personally I'm studying there and 'working' in the Pearson Vue exam center as an exam administrator, while studying and slowly getting more and more actual hands-on/real-world experience.

Too bad there's no English section :p

https://itvitae.nl/

(and don't bother wondering who I am, I'm glad to say I've so far managed to avoid being on any of the photos published)

Edited by heywoodu

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm mostly studying :d 

In case there's genuine interest, the place where I study basically functions like this:

1. People with autism or autism-related stuff who can't hold on to some education or can't get a job can get an (IT) education at this place

2. After a while, they help you find a job through their by now rather extensive network of customers

I think so far around 500 people or so got a job through this in the past 10 (?) years, only 2 students left without success. Personally I'm studying there and 'working' in the Pearson Vue exam center as an exam administrator, while studying and slowly getting more and more actual hands-on/real-world experience.

Too bad there's no English section :p

https://itvitae.nl/

(and don't bother wondering who I am, I'm glad to say I've so far managed to avoid being on any of the photos published)

But what exactly do you studay (aside from Office)? :d

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

But what exactly do you studay (aside from Office)? :d

At this very moment nothing, since today I finished this part of the certification. Next week we'll take a look at what's next, possibly it's going to be about stuff like network/server management. I've tried my way in cyber security/ethical hacking, but sadly (since there's a shitload of good jobs available in it) that turned out to be just not my thing. Interesting, but something for which one needs a gazillion times as much creativity as I have.

It's not like at a university where you're studying for a degree in X or Y :p