website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Hey, whatever sells. After all, the mighty dollar is above all, as history has shown. ;)

Especially in my country ;)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Man! Nike’s advertising campaigns have been on point lately. This is great. Just as good as the sacrifice everything campaign

Plus, it really triggers a part of the country I hate, so bonus points.

- "A woman dunking", doesn't that happen like maybe once a year? :p 

- "Winning 23 Grand Slams", yeah that might also say something about the depth of the competition..

- "When we're too good, there's 'something wrong with us'" and then showing Semenya, about who one may have legitimate concerns about her situation (and no, saying that is not 'anti-women' :lol: )

- "When we show emotion, we're called dramatic", you mean like when Youzhny bashed in his own head with his tennis racket?

Etc, meh Nike.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I’m sorry but the Semenya case is bullshit. In fact it should qualify as a human rights abuse (much like preventing trans athletes (who have taken the correct course to change thier gender) from competing). I’m pretty sure situation would be different is Semenya was from the US, Canada, Russia, Germany, Norway, Italy, Spain, Japan, etc. If CAS can’t stop dopping the least they can do is prevent the IAAF from ruinning sports for all of us.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m sorry but the Semenya case is bullshit. In fact it should qualify as a human rights abuse (much like preventing trans athletes (who have taken the correct course to change thier gender) from competing). I’m pretty sure situation would be different is Semenya was from the US, Canada, Russia, Germany, Norway, Italy, Spain, Japan, etc. If CAS can’t stop dopping the least they can do is prevent the IAAF from ruinning sports for all of us.

And this is exactly the kind of attitude that messes up any discussion right from the start. 

Person A: "This is a delicate situation for everyone involved and should be considered with the greatest of thought and care."

Person B: "Human rights abuse and racism!!!" 

/discussion 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, dcro said:

I've been following this channel for a while. Today finally the Netherlands episode got out. :p@heywoodu

Thanks, it's been a very long time since I watched this channel :d (nearly 2 years I think)

I'll watch this one tomorrow :p 

The Czechs are going to build this multisport complex in Prague which will include a INDOOR Alpine Skiing piste, FINALLY a indoor Speed Skating oval, a Track Cycling velodrome and many more. The whole project will cost 6 billions of Czech Crowns (234 Million Euro). The whole areal will consist of 760 thousand square meters

source in Czech https://sport.aktualne.cz/ostatni-sporty/zimni-sporty/projekt-sportovniho-arealu-lahovice-sal/r~b6cebd0a14f411e987d00cc47ab5f122/

JFTGDzNMQgqYJlgQ4CpLTQ~V-Prahe-vyrastie-

7EJLeXFYR5LhQmYZ2vImAQ~V-Prahe-vyrastie-

7 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

France bans sports hijab?

All I read is that big sports store Decathlon took it out of their offer under political pressure (whereas the likes of Nike introduced it without problems), but I'm curious if @De_Gambassi or @Bohemia or someone read more about it.