website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Vancouver 2010 is my favorite because of..well, because of everything :d

The biggest emotions (from the Nodar Kumaritashvili tragedy to the absolutely fantastic Hallelujah cover performance) and then the whole games since the first event (Ski Jumping Normal Hill Individual to the very last second of the games and the goal of Sid in the Ice Hockey final.

everything just everything, our first ever Gold medal from winter Olympics since the independence ofc..by Nastya already in the first day of competition, our most successful Winter games in history with 3 medals, 4th place of our Ice Hockey Mens team, participation historic of our womens Ice Hockey team..The absolutely stunning images, landscapes, real winter games. really everything, I can not. It´s stronger than me, Vancouver will be for ever my Number one. from A to Z.

I guess you are a fan of Calgary 2026? :thumbup:

Thought for Slovakia (and Canada's) sake I hope a summer games comes to Canada and both countries have their best results ever.

Beijing 2008 was my favourite Olympic ceremony. It was magical, and the lighting of the flame was just wonderfully done.

The closing ceremony when the flame was extinguished was one of the saddest moments ever :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

49 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Vancouver 2010 is my favorite because of..well, because of everything :d

The biggest emotions (from the Nodar Kumaritashvili tragedy to the absolutely fantastic Hallelujah cover performance) and then the whole games since the first event (Ski Jumping Normal Hill Individual to the very last second of the games and the goal of Sid in the Ice Hockey final.

everything just everything, our first ever Gold medal from winter Olympics since the independence ofc..by Nastya already in the first day of competition, our most successful Winter games in history with 3 medals, 4th place of our Ice Hockey Mens team, participation historic of our womens Ice Hockey team..The absolutely stunning images, landscapes, real winter games. really everything, I can not. It´s stronger than me, Vancouver will be for ever my Number one. from A to Z.

I’ve been lucky enough to visit both Vancouver and Whistler and can say, without a doubt, they some if not the best places in the world. Definitely was my favorite vacation, and of course I visited almost all of the venues. My favorite was the bobsled track because I’d never seen one before.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Strangely I am writing a press release on the final torchbearer for Beijing 2008 now at work :yes

Whoa, What is your work?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Whoa, What is your work?

And what is the press release? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

News article. :p

And what is the news article? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

And what is the press release? :d 

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Whoa, What is your work?

I work for the organizing committee of the 2018 World Junior Badminton Championships. We are drafting up a release on introducing Li Ning as the main sponsor for the event, the company ofc named after the final torchbearer at Beijing 2008