website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Well, to lighten the mood, i will ask the quintessential question that has bugged me for some time. :d

Do people really wear shoes inside their homes? Or is it a typical american thing, because i always see americans whether on youtube, or in movies to walk inside their homes with shoes? :d

36 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Well, to lighten the mood, i will ask the quintessential question that has bugged me for some time. :d

Do people really wear shoes inside their homes? Or is it a typical american thing, because i always see americans whether on youtube, or in movies to walk inside their homes with shoes? :d

No, In Slovakia it´s considered as a sign of impolite if you enter the house with your shoes...well we are kinda bit strange nation :d here some important guide points under category If you are invited to a Slovak's house:  http://www.commisceo-global.com/country-guides/slovakia-guide

from 4:22 :d

17 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I don't like it when close people and relatives do that, especially when they bring the dirt from under their feet inside. However, when they're not acquaintances you can't really tell them to take off their shoes. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

59 minutes ago, konig said:

This page "Supposedly" says your etnicity, in my case:  90 % white, 7% hispanic, 2% others and i dont know what happen with the 1%...... http://kairos.com/diversity-recognition

onepercent.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

I only wear my shoes inside home if I went outside to take my bike to go to the store and remember I forgot something back inside, I'm not taking my shoes off for that :p (or something similar)

Also like Quasit said: mostly when visiting someone, the visitors don't take off their shoes, although there's always a doormat and pretty much everyone makes sure their shoes aren't bringing a ton of dirt into the house (and if the shoes are dirty, they take them off anyway). 

As for our personal situation here: on a normal random moment on a normal random day, we're not wearing shoes inside our home :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Only in the south of our country the people tak of their shoes........in the rest of the country will be "rare" if you do that.

so Saudi and UAE football federation already asked AFC to not play in Qatar ! lol he corrupt AFC already let the Saudi teams do that with the Iranian clubs/NTs but this time it's about Qatar. and in west asia almost half teams are from Qatar and Iran !!

since they have money they believe they own the world. we don't play this, we don't play that ! cutting all diplomatic relationships because of small reasons is really stupid, Saudis and that guy Jubeir is playing with fire. and this is a shame that countries like UAE and Egypt have no opinion for themselves and only follow the Saudis like puppets. :thumbdown:

btw folks in Iranian government is not sad about this at all, now with this Qatar has to count on Iran as the only "neighbor" with at least diplomatic relationship.

in Iran almost nobody wear shoes inside the house, never, that's a big no no. Eastern culture I believe, beside that people care a lot about their carpets here in Iran. :d

Edited by MHSN

In France visitors never take their shoes off unless their host asked them to, and there is almost always a doormat of course ^^ At home I don't take off my shoes if I just went home and I know I'm going outside again 10 minutes later. But most of the time, no shoes :d