website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

One of my religious friends posted a Instagram video of one of our local priests belting out the Italian National Anthem (my 2nd favorite) on a forest hike to a bunch of bewildered youth (teenagers). Y’all Italians sure do love your Anthem. I personally like the ending :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

this Polish reality TV show :lol:

called : Go back to where you came from 

TVN television network announced that the new show will follow Polish participants as they make the journey from Germany to Iraq with next to nothing.

I guess 100% of poles will be fan also Orban ,Geert wilders , Heinz Christian ...etc all of them will vote tons of SMS :roflmao:

26 minutes ago, bestmen said:

TVN television network announced that the new show will follow Polish participants as they make the journey from Germany to Iraq with next to nothing.

I guess 100% of poles will be fan also Orban ,Geert wilders , Heinz Christian ...etc all of them will vote tons of SMS :roflmao:

Poland has race issues, :facepalm:shocker 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Poland has race issues, :facepalm:shocker 

This is one of those typical examples where immediately coming up with "racist!" (which is basically what you seem to say) just makes no sense. At all. Read the article..

The show, which is called "Go Back Where You Came From" is based on an Australian show with the same name that aired from 2011 to 2015, featuring six different Polish nationals with different opinions on immigration making their way to the Middle East within a month. They will only be equipped with a passport, a cellphone, and some money. They will have to live like refugees and with refugees in the camps until they reach their destination. 

It actually has the potential to show the hardness of this travel and simply showing that is not racist whatsoever.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, bestmen said:

That's not what the title means :sure:

Yeah the title is a bit unfortunate. The actual program has an interesting potential though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, bestmen said:

if they want to show how hardness the travel of refugees is they have to do it from Irak to Pol not the reverse :sure:

Or like CNN did from Nigeria to Europe (partially, they got out early). Sadly I'm guessing mostly people in Europe and the US saw that, instead of the people who's safety it's actually about.

50 minut temu, bestmen napisał:

Actually I never heard anything about this show, especially in TVN, which is pro-German TV here, so, it's fake :lol: