Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


heywoodu

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

Recommended Posts

USA 213 , this is our telephone code

 

00 213

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Kendrick Lamar has some 'song' (as far as you can call it that) with a couple instances of the dreaded word 'nigga' in it. All fine and dandy, it's his song, his lyrics. Then, he gets a fan on stage to rap with him...she raps his exact lyrics, including 'nigga'....and gets sent off into a mad crowd for rapping his exact lyrics :p 

 

https://genius.com/a/kendrick-lamar-called-out-a-white-fan-for-rapping-the-n-word-onstage-during-m-a-a-d-city

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Interesting documentary about the current situation in Venezuela:

 

 

This channel also has some other very good documentaries, for example this one (already more than 3,5 million views in just over 2 months):

 

 

 

Edited by OlympicsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wonderful, apparently there's some sort of strike among fuel truck drivers/companies (something like that) in Brazil, making it rather unsure whether or not my girlfriend can make it to the airport Saturday to fly to the Netherlands....

I know a strike like this causes more significant problems in the big picture obviously, but this sucks. 

 

Edit: This. https://www.wsj.com/articles/brazil-truck-drivers-strike-over-fuel-prices-1527006248

Edited by heywoodu
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wonderful, apparently there's some sort of strike among fuel truck drivers/companies (something like that) in Brazil, making it rather unsure whether or not my girlfriend can make it to the airport Saturday to fly to the Netherlands....

I know a strike like this causes more significant problems in the big picture obviously, but this sucks. 

 

Edit: This. https://www.wsj.com/articles/brazil-truck-drivers-strike-over-fuel-prices-1527006248

 

I don't discuss politics a lot, but honestly I found the whole situation a little bit funny because some people were sure Brazil would get better under the Temer government and the exact opposite happened :p

 

Huge lines today at gas stations here in my city 'cause people don't know if we will have gas tomorrow because of the truck drivers protests.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

 

I don't discuss politics a lot, but honestly I found the whole situation a little bit funny because some people were sure Brazil would get better under the Temer government and the exact opposite happened :p

 

Huge lines today at gas stations here in my city 'cause people don't know if we will have gas tomorrow because of the truck drivers protests.

 

Yep, I got a photo as well from a random gas station in Caraguatatuba (where she lives) and it's the same view: huge lines, all day long. I really hope this will either be solved or she'll be able to find someone to bring her and have enough fuel to do so.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yep, I got a photo as well from a random gas station in Caraguatatuba (where she lives) and it's the same view: huge lines, all day long. I really hope this will either be solved or she'll be able to find someone to bring her and have enough fuel to do so.. 

 

I think this will be solved very soon, or at least I hope so. I wouldn't worry too much :yes

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after zika here is Nipah virus in India ,already over 300 dead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a bomb explosion in one restaurant in Toronto 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×