website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

18 hours ago, Bohemia said:

I'm so sick of the weather here, for the past 2 weeks it's been rainy and mild and since last week it's windy (we've had already 2 storms and it's only January 3rd). I want the sun (and the cold, not 14 degrees) :mad:

At least now I think we can say the drought is over, after a very dry 2017. Or at least it's better.

Sorry about this weather rant :lol: 

What are you still in Ireland or something? :d

The Olympics without NHL players is really weird, but in other hand a great chance for others not so famous players to fulfill their childhood dreams, like this young American player from the AHL Milwaukee Admirals Bobby Butler, and the moment when he announced to his father that he was selected for the Olympic Team USA :) Emotive moments shared by all his team mates :)

Welp, Lithuania is turned upside down with the arrival of the Ball family to Prienai a couple of days ago. They've brought their entire filming crew to continue their reality show and their family tagged along as well. There's 6-7 different articles on our sports website every day, a huge outlash of many different media outlets all over Youtube and the Internet. The ESPN coverage uploads 4-ish videos a day on the Ball family in Lithuania. ESPN basically flew over a guy to live in a 5 star resort simply to follow around the family whilst they are there. Everybody is discussing it here, whilst I'm cringing at our older generation's broken English in every interview and the fact that Prienai even in Lithuanian terms is a village.

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Welp, Lithuania is turned upside down with the arrival of the Ball family to Prienai a couple of days ago. They've brought their entire filming crew to continue their reality show and their family tagged along as well. There's 6-7 different articles on our sports website every day, a huge outlash of many different media outlets all over Youtube and the Internet. The ESPN coverage uploads 4-ish videos a day on the Ball family in Lithuania. ESPN basically flew over a guy to live in a 5 star resort simply to follow around the family whilst they are there. Everybody is discussing it here, whilst I'm cringing at our older generation's broken English in every interview and the fact that Prienai even in Lithuanian terms is a village.

And here I'm sitting thinking... Who? :p

Just now, Agger said:

And here I'm sitting thinking... Who? :p

Two 16 and 19 y.o. American boys from California (coming to live in a place that has 5000~ citizens) that are a pretty big deal as their brother is in The Lakers and the 16yo might get drafted in NBA. Also, in the United States they are called The Kardashians of Basketball, so hope that helps paint a picture :d

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

Wow, really? All this for some teenagers that are not even full time athletes (yet) :wall:? I bet many of athletes in the country did not even get half the attention those kids got  during their whole career :( though it's the same story here in Poland  with what our footballers' familes do ...

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

3 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Wow, really? All this for some teenagers that are not even full time athletes (yet) :wall:? I bet many of athletes in the country did not even get half the attention those kids got  during their whole career :( though it's the same story here in Poland  with what our footballers' familes do ...

Well, their dad is a marketing genious :d