website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

You're kidding right?

You know basically hundreds of thousands of children are exploited in this "line of work"?

Did I say “sex trafficking”? No, I said prostitution. I understand the line between the two is often blurred, but people willingly choosing to be sex workers are offering a service like any other profession.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Definitely Iran. I remember them going batshit crash after the WR lift in Anaheim. I have a video of that somewhere...

There’s is “(three horn honks) Iran! (pronounced Ear-ron) multiple times in a row”

At least our fans cheer though. The Dutch fans always seem super quiet.

Tell that to any professional cyclist ever who's gone on Alpe d'Huez during the Tour de France.

The Dutch fans usually are just cheering and yelling, they luckily don't really have some cheesy chants or songs (anymore) :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

I'm against any form of human exploitation, especially children; but sexual exploitation is probably among the most vile acts a human can commit towards another.

But since nothing I post on a forum may change anyone point of view, I'll refrain myself for further comments

If people are consenting to use their bodies in such ways is it sexual exploitation then? 

Sex trafficking should definitely be squashed by every country, but it is different than Prostitution. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The US does have some “unique” chants. We have the “I believe that we will win” chant for football. 

49 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The US does have some “unique” chants. We have the “I believe that we will win” chant for football. 

Oh! I saw that one in a video that was about US football songs :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:cheer: 

That made me go back to my childhood and notice something terribly sad :yikes: Apparently Bury FC, founded in 1885, doesn't really exist anymore since last year...at least with no league membership, and they're at risk of just being absorbed into nothingness :cry: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bury_F.C.

For a good while in my young years I followed all their steps....because in FIFA 20xx I played with them so insanely much :wub: 

Played at Gigg Lane when they were founded in 1885, still played there last year. Nothing like what those fancy teams do, breaking down historic stadiums to put up their fancy but soulless sponsor-stadiums.

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That made me go back to my childhood and notice something terribly sad :yikes: Apparently Bury FC, founded in 1885, doesn't really exist anymore since last year...at least with no league membership, and they're at risk of just being absorbed into nothingness :cry: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bury_F.C.

For a good while in my young years I followed all their steps....because in FIFA 20xx I played with them so insanely much :wub: 

Played at Gigg Lane when they were founded in 1885, still played there last year. Nothing like what those fancy teams do, breaking down historic stadiums to put up their fancy but soulless sponsor-stadiums.

Felt sad, but the other side of me kept popping "they are Buried" joke in my head

Airbus A320 with a little over 100 people crashed at landing in Karachi, apparently into a residential area...

Barely an hour ago and the worst of the worst kind of scum has already raised it's head online.