website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

That moment when Slovakia top the world medias headlines again :p

almost 2k comments in one single day, not sure that happened about the country ever :lol:

Our humorists already used the opportunity to fullfil the web with various funny memes like this one

"boys, my mask is placed a bit higher!"  :rofl:

6191635_625x.jpeg?rev=2

Darwin award of the year ?

Svetlana Khorkina Artistic Gymnastics 2 times Olympic Champion "The Coronavirus is a divine punishment against the West for the persecution of Russia" :lol:

https://x-sport.news/the-former-russian-gymnast-khorkina-the-virus-is-divine-punishment-for-the-persecutions-against-russia/

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Darwin award of the year ?

Svetlana Khorkina Artistic Gymnastics 2 times Olympic Champion "The Coronavirus is a divine punishment against the West for the persecution of Russia" :lol:

https://x-sport.news/the-former-russian-gymnast-khorkina-the-virus-is-divine-punishment-for-the-persecutions-against-russia/

On 21 July 2005, Khorkina gave birth to a son

Too bad, not eligible for the Darwin Award anymore :p (and she's still alive, so she's automatically not eligible)

But if there are awards for dumb things to say, she's right up there with a strict Christian guy here yesterday. The preacher or whatever it's called sent a letter to the children of his church, saying how it's probably a strange time for them. Then went on to go and say "it's because of our sins. Because you and I like our nice things a bit too much and because we all do bad and angry things. Like a king sends his servants before a visit, God sent the coronavirus before Jesus comes." People preaching that shit to the minds of children should be locked up in an asylum.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Too bad, not eligible for the Darwin Award anymore :p (and she's still alive, so she's automatically not eligible)

But if there are awards for dumb things to say, she's right up there with a strict Christian guy here yesterday. The preacher or whatever it's called sent a letter to the children of his church, saying how it's probably a strange time for them. Then went on to go and say "it's because of our sins. Because you and I like our nice things a bit too much and because we all do bad and angry things. Like a king sends his servants before a visit, God sent the coronavirus before Jesus comes." People preaching that shit to the minds of children should be locked up in an asylum.

That reminds me of a good laugh I had yesterday. While listening to my astronomy professor’s video lecture, he made a somewhat sad/funny point. He made sure to remind everyone that comets have no proven spiritual power, so it would be wise to refrain from committing mass suicide when one passes. 

Religion makes easy comedy :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

that´s true :p

But not so much God sends a virus through the Chinese :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That reminds me of a good laugh I had yesterday. While listening to my astronomy professor’s video lecture, he made a somewhat sad/funny point. He made sure to remind everyone that comets have no proven spiritual power, so it would be wise to refrain from committing mass suicide when one passes. 

Religion makes easy comedy :p

Yeah, especially jihad and other Muslim fundamentalism. I see 9/11 is long forgotten in the USA already :lol:

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

89904623_2276637289304441_74429726122143

Upper Paper: "The shop will open as soon as possible when emergency will be over. Stay strong, God loves us!"

Lower Paper: "Imagine if he couldn't stand us" *

*edulcorate transduction