website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Here’s the five designs the Bermuda Olympic Committee is considering for their new logo (which is a shame since I love their current one :(

843DBDFA-749F-435F-B904-07BA025D6021.png

If I had to choose, I’d go with 1 (blue) or 3 (red)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Ugh, looks like it’s time to get rejected by Inside The Games again. They have another junior reporter opening (I don’t think they actually filled the position after the last round of applications), and I’ll apply once again. It’s rough applying for all these positions. I know I have what it takes, but I’m shutout because of my lack of a proper degree and age. I’m sure who ever they hire will be a great addition, but it sucks knowing that the job you feel highly qualified for shows absolutely no interest you :(

I love what I do for Totallympics Media, but it’s impossible to be anywhere near successful when I’m the only web journalist left, and when I have to do all the heavy lifting week after week. It’s times like this where I’m really happy for the support we receive, and for @Vojthas as my right-hand man (and fellow Co-Editor)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s rough applying for all these positions. I know I have what it takes, but I’m shutout because of my lack of a proper degree and age. I’m sure who ever they hire will be a great addition, but it sucks knowing that the job you feel highly qualified for shows absolutely no interest you 

That's more a less summary of my last two-three years on that field.

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

That's more a less summary of my last two-three years on that field.

Yeah, I love communications, but man, this field of study is depressing on the job market. 

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ugh, looks like it’s time to get rejected by Inside The Games again. They have another junior reporter opening (I don’t think they actually filled the position after the last round of applications), and I’ll apply once again. It’s rough applying for all these positions. I know I have what it takes, but I’m shutout because of my lack of a proper degree and age. I’m sure who ever they hire will be a great addition, but it sucks knowing that the job you feel highly qualified for shows absolutely no interest you :(

I love what I do for Totallympics Media, but it’s impossible to be anywhere near successful when I’m the only web journalist left, and when I have to do all the heavy lifting week after week. It’s times like this where I’m really happy for the support we receive, and for @Vojthas as my right-hand man (and fellow Co-Editor)

Welcome to the adult life ;)

Whelp, my dad has a slightly high temperature. Time to kick him out my damn house, and put his ass in quarantine.

13 minutes ago, Agger said:

Damn. Looks like all Olympic Twiiter pages (and plenty others) have been hacked :yikes:

It’s either been fixed now, or I don’t see the problem.