website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

14 minutes ago, Agger said:

It's still rather questionable information.

Doesn't seem impossible though, and it could very well have been a mistake following the current situation.

But it's simply too early to come to any conclusions.

Sadly however there are some rather clear indications of wrongdoing (mistake or not)...

1) Immediate claims that the plane crashed due to technical difficulties. That's not how an air crash investigation works - it should be a process of elimination.

2) Iran refusing to send flight recorders to Boeing.

3) Coincidences are rare.

#banbestmen

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

Sadly however there are some rather clear indications of wrongdoing (mistake or not)...

1) Immediate claims that the plane crashed due to technical difficulties. That's not how an air crash investigation works - it should be a process of elimination.

This would have been suspicious at any moment for exactly these reasons, but in these days the Suspicion Meter skyrockets to maximum..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

34 minutes ago, dcro said:

I have to reject two of your reasons

1) there was no immediate claim, no official statement from the Iranian authorities yet, they only say they are sure it wasn't a missile and they invite all other countries to investigate the accident. nothing more. this is how things work in Iran, when something happens, a guy says something about it, then another guy (totally unrelated to the case) says something else and I saw most of the time western media publish those things as official.

2) that's pretty normal, the site of accident is responsible for the investigation and Boeing is an American company, they simply don't trust Americans.

3) but this one is a valid reason. Iran was ready for an air strike at the time, they were ready to shot down anything suspicious so it's hard to believe it's just a coincidence. the place also makes sense it wasn't that far from a military base.

but then Iranians sound very confident by letting everybody investigate the accident. a big group of Ukrainian experts are already there and there are other groups on their way from Canada and France.

And this is also weird that a guy was randomly filming the sky at 6 in the morning in a place  has no people !? and few hours out of the city

Edited by MHSN

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

but then Iranians sound very confident by letting everybody investigate the accident. a big group of Ukrainian experts are already there and there are other groups on their way from Canada and France.

And this is also weird that a guy was randomly filming the sky at 6 in the morning in a place  has no people !? and few hours out of the city

Since it's a Ukrainian airline, letting Ukrainian experts in seems like the least they could do. First of all it is a major human tragedy, of course.

About the second statement: I read somewhere, but forgot where, that the guy who filmed it said two missiles were launched. He didn't catch the first one, but that brought his attention to the sky and he did catch the second one.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Since it's a Ukrainian airline, letting Ukrainian experts in seems like the least they could do. First of all it is a major human tragedy, of course.

About the second statement: I read somewhere, but forgot where, that the guy who filmed it said two missiles were launched. He didn't catch the first one, but that brought his attention to the sky and he did catch the second one.

obviously, but if they knew it was their own missile, they wouldn't let anybody else investigate it and try to make another story . something like Ukrainian president is a clown and US puppet and he wants to blame Iran (because US asked him to do) things like that. this is how they handle things when they are guilty, by blaming the others. I mean it's not a big mystery , if they investigate it they can find out the truth easily

I'm not sure about the second part, the guy who filmed it is unknown he can't say anything !

I'm not denying that possibility at all. actually I have my own reasons to believe it. the reaction from the Iranian media was suspicious from the first moment. as you know media are not really "free" here. yes they are free for most things but when it comes to sensitives matters like this they know they can't write whatever they find out. and their silence about such important things (only publishing official statements) made me suspicious even before all this came out.