website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

This guy probably just broke :TUV forever :(. So many tourists are going to go there now, and ruin the Tuvaluan's lives :(. I love stories of people being the only tourists in places, and honestly I wish I could afford to go on trips like this on a regular basis.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Tourists bring money, and in the end, every group of people likes that :p 

I don't think there's going to be a huge amount of tourists though, no worries.

Last, but definitely not least: everyone who hadn't even heard of Tuvalu really needs to watch more sports or get some more general knowledge. Come on, next thing you know people don't even know Nauru or Bhutan.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Tourists bring money, and in the end, every group of people likes that :p 

I don't think there's going to be a huge amount of tourists though, no worries.

Last, but definitely not least: everyone who hadn't even heard of Tuvalu really needs to watch more sports or get some more general knowledge. Come on, next thing you know people don't even know Nauru or Bhutan.

Moreover, if Tuvalu doesn't want a large number of tourists, don't give too many visas. 

7 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Moreover, if Tuvalu doesn't want a large number of tourists, don't give too many visas. 

I don’t think they’re in charge of that. I think they’re in free association with New Zealand or Australia (and I could be wrong), but what that means is that either of those countries would be responsible for they’re foreign policy.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t think they’re in charge of that. I think they’re in free association with New Zealand or Australia (and I could be wrong), but what that means is that either of those countries would be responsible for they’re foreign policy.

Nope. Schengen Area countries are those who are allowed to visit Tuvalu without visa, even Australia or NZ citizens need visa to go there

34 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Nope. Schengen Area countries are those who are allowed to visit Tuvalu without visa, even Australia or NZ citizens need visa to go there

What I was saying is that they could be in free association with NZ or AUS, meaning that one of those two countries controls immigration. Tuvalu might have requested that Australians and Kiwis use visa for travel, to make sure there weren’t more tourists than the island could handle.

National Mourning Day officially declared tomorrow in Slovakia between 08:00 and 20:00 https://newsnow.tasr.sk/featured/premier-considering-state-mourning-because-of-fatal-bus-crash-near-nitra/

The 10th national mourning day in the history of the country since the independence.

14 minutes ago, hckosice said:

National Mourning Day officially declared tomorrow in Slovakia between 08:00 and 20:00 https://newsnow.tasr.sk/featured/premier-considering-state-mourning-because-of-fatal-bus-crash-near-nitra/

The 10th national mourning day in the history of the country since the independence.

Wow, that is a sadly huge amount of national mourning days :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!