website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve been watching a 24 hour comedy livestream for charity since 6 yesterday, and I’ve only been more tired to during the Olympics, Asian Games, and European Games. They’re raising good money for the children’s hospital my sister visits though, so it’s worth it I guess. Plus, it’s entertaining as hell.

Which should be the only reason to actually watch. I mean, it's not like they're getting any less money if you just open it and go to sleep :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Which should be the only reason to actually watch. I mean, it's not like they're getting any less money if you just open it and go to sleep :p 

Right, but it was so funny that I didn’t want to miss the late hours, but sleep won out eventually.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Lausanne 2020 added me to their international journalists group today (I will not be attending the games, but I obviously intend to give the fullest possible coverage), should be interesting to see what this entails :dunno:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

some mega ultra retro @ahjfcshfghb @Jan Linha :p

The ending jingle of Czechoslovak Television.  With this the Czechoslovak Television ended its broadcasting every day. Love the anthem the Czech part (the first one) showing beautiful lands and architecture, then starts the Slovak part and immediately they showed... Mountains :p

Oh dear, I want our country back :(

35 minutes ago, hckosice said:

some mega ultra retro @ahjfcshfghb @Jan Linha :p

The ending jingle of Czechoslovak Television.  With this the Czechoslovak Television ended its broadcasting every day. Love the anthem the Czech part (the first one) showing beautiful lands and architecture, then starts the Slovak part and immediately they showed... Mountains :p

Oh dear, I want our country back :(

That was so classy. Wish I was around for it. Also love how you guys say 'november'

@Jan Linha I feel like we met at Pyeongchang lol

20 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Also love how you guys say 'november

yeah in slovak we use the classic worldwide month names so it´s  November. (in November = v novembri) or in this case she said tomorrow the 21st November (21 novembra)

meanwhile in czech language November is Listopad :d the czech month names were always one solid challenge at schools for slovak childrens :p

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

yeah in slovak we use the classic worldwide month names so it´s  November. (in November = v novembri) or in this case she said tomorrow the 21st November (21 novembra)

meanwhile in czech language November is Listopad :d the czech month names were always one solid challenge at schools for slovak childrens :p

Yup and I remember having to learn words like "čučoriedka" and "korytnačka". But I think we only spent one lesson on it in 5th grade and never touched it again :lol: