website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, brunamoura said:

I know some other athletes (IBU Cup level) that like the Super Sprint. Honestly, I see no reason why not, that's a real Sprint and everything happens so fast. The penalty loop is short, so in case everything goes wrong at the shooting range, ski fast and you still can get something. Apart from that, the spare munition is a plus to make it exciting ?

I will say that as a fan though, I like when good shooting is rewarded. That’s what makes the individual such a great event in my opinion. Shooting is a killer in that event, same with the current sprint format.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I will say that as a fan though, I like when good shooting is rewarded. That’s what makes the individual such a great event in my opinion. Shooting is a killer in that event, same with the current sprint format.

Shooting is not a killer in the current sprint format. There's a reason the fastest skiers tend to have better results there :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Shooting is not a killer in the current sprint format. There's a reason the fastest skiers tend to have better results there :p

Well, it can be...

As long as JT Boe misses 3/4

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, it can be...

As long as JT Boe misses 3/4

Yeah, but it generally isn't. Sprint is better for faster skiers, individual is better for better shooters.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

55 minutos atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

Yes, I understand. As a biathlete, I consider the shooting part the greatest one in the races. But the Super Sprint shows who can really be the fastest/better in both shooting and skiing and for me that's what "Sprint" really means.

7.5km can't be called Sprint ? that is killing.

1 hour ago, brunamoura said:

Yes, I understand. As a biathlete, I consider the shooting part the greatest one in the races. But the Super Sprint shows who can really be the fastest/better in both shooting and skiing and for me that's what "Sprint" really means.

7.5km can't be called Sprint ? that is killing.

I think we should add 500km event where athletes have to shoot every 2km. It will start on the first day of the Winter Olympics and finish on the morning of the last :p

There’s no official breaks, but athletes are allowed to sleep by camping on the trails :lol:

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I think we should add 500km event where athletes have to shoot every 2km. It will start on the first day of the Winter Olympics and finish on the morning of the last :p

There’s no official breaks, but athletes are allowed to sleep by camping on the trails :lol:

Oh, and the penalty loops are 1km

Agora, Olympian1010 disse:

I definitely would take part in! :thumbup::lol:

This amazing opinion piece against Nike has been the biggest topic of discussion today in the US 

Nike and other running companies are getting called out by multiple athletes for the double standards they place on women.

That unhealthy focus on weight loss especially in the NOP athletes has been visible for quite some time...Mary Cain, Mo Farah, Sifan Hassan, Galen Rupp, Konstanze Klosterhalfen and so on. Pretty sure Cain's story is only the tip of the iceberg.