website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Inside The Games has the perfect opening for me (I mean perfect, they’re looking for Junior journalist, with not much experience needed), but of course they’re based in the stinking UK, which last time I checked, isn’t that close to LA :cry:. I thought I could make it financially I’d move in a heartbeat, but there’s just no way. Plus, I’m pretty 95% sure I’d need a work visa (though I’d bet they’d help with that maybe). It sucks to your dream opportunity come, and know that you have absolutely no chance at it :(

You can always at least drop your name there, in case things chance in later years.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 hours ago, heywoodu said:

You can always at least drop your name there, in case things chance in later years.

They’ve just posed they’ll accept applications from outside UK. I’ve never been more excited to spend 5 hours making, editing, and writing a CV and Cover Letter :p

Cant wait to not be selected or even interviewed. Nothing like the autumn taste of rejection :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

They’ve just posed they’ll accept applications from outside UK. I’ve never been more excited to spend 5 hours making, editing, and writing a CV and Cover Letter :p

Cant wait to not be selected or even interviewed. Nothing like the autumn taste of rejection :d

For you it's funny, for me it's a sad everyday reality. Not only in autumn.

29 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

For you it's funny, for me it's a sad everyday reality. Not only in autumn.

You’d be surprised at the amount of people that pop by Totallympics Media from time to time. I’ve seen that interest is growing.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

58 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

There are also the Sprint (14) and Mass Start 60 (15) races in Ridnaun. But particularly I find the Super Sprint most exciting ?

Anyway, it seems like now it's gonna be possible to watch all races from there. So, see you in at least in two of them ?

So it’s true that athletes like the super sprint then? There’s been some debate about that amongst fans. 

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Would someone also explain to me how the mass start (60) works? 

60 eligible athletes start, bibs 1 through 30 shoot in lap 1, bibs 31 through 60 shoot in lap 2 and from there on they are together and it's one 'group'. 

Makes for a bit of an unfair race, so yeah.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Agora, Olympian1010 disse:

So it’s true that athletes like the super sprint then? There’s been some debate about that amongst fans. 

I know some other athletes (IBU Cup level) that like the Super Sprint. Honestly, I see no reason why not, that's a real Sprint and everything happens so fast. The penalty loop is short, so in case everything goes wrong at the shooting range, ski fast and you still can get something. Apart from that, the spare munition is a plus to make it exciting ?