website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

17 minutos atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

Well it’s safe to say that the majority of this forum is cheering for you :clap:. We can help interrupt the qualification documents and such. Just be careful with the information @heywoodu gives you, he has a reputation for telling countries they’ve qualified for the Olympics when they haven’t apparently (also, never travel with him to Tonga. He’s a dead man the moment he gets off the airplane there ??). I and many users are always looking for athletes to support, so should you need something, feel free to say something on the forum :yes

? Thank you! I will do my best to deserve it!

I have to be realistic and say - I am not the best yet. Of course I want to be and I am working for that, but I actually can say that I am the best when I beat Jaque in some race. FIS points don't mean anything, races do. Honestly, I am nervous, but I will take my opportunity if it ever comes. Meanwhile, I am happy if I keep on being an example for the other girls here in Brazil. I am not "the Olympian" but they don't care ? the way they look at me makes me want to be a good example for them. They are always coming to me to ask for some tips for their races, asking me to skiing/rollerskiing together so we can talk... If any of them ever beat me in a race, I want to be the one to give her medal at the podium ceremony because they say "I want to be like you" (they are cute!)

:lol: no Tonga!!! Still many years to spend together ( @heywoodu ?)

Thank you very much, that's kind! ??

10 minutos atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

@brunamoura As an athlete, what to your prefer: Biathlon or Cross Country or Roller Ski? 

All three are things I wish I could do.

Hard question ? but I would choose Rollerski because this is where I perform better ??

Biathlon is fun because of the shooting, but can also be very frustrating and... Caring a 4kg rifle during all race is extra painful ?

Cross Country is cool for it's shorter and you don't depend on anything else than skiing at your best (well, good equipments count A LOT. But now I mean just about performance).

Rollerski can be really painful if you fall (I tried it way too many times ?) but once you stop falling, that's a lot fun (and easier to do the technique than on skis) ?

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Captured, killed, who cares :p I doubt he has a lot of information they wouldn't yet know somehow, better just be done with it.

It’s not about the information, it’s about justice. We ruin his image amongst his followers and we make him pay dearly for what he did to the Yazadi. Plus, capturing him would be a milestone in our ability to combat terrorism.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It’s not about the information, it’s about justice. We ruin his image amongst his followers and we make him pay dearly for what he did to the Yazadi. Plus, capturing him would be a milestone in our ability to combat terrorism.

Nope, he'll just be seen as their prophet or whatever anyway. Just another reason to perform terrorist attacks, "because we want you to release him, or else". 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, brunamoura said:

Hard question ? but I would choose Rollerski because this is where I perform better ??

Biathlon is fun because of the shooting, but can also be very frustrating and... Caring a 4kg rifle during all race is extra painful ?

Cross Country is cool for it's shorter and you don't depend on anything else than skiing at your best (well, good equipments count A LOT. But now I mean just about performance).

Rollerski can be really painful if you fall (I tried it way too many times ?) but once you stop falling, that's a lot fun (and easier to do the technique than on skis) ?

Yep, found that out. I do a yearly cross country skiing trip in the winter. I stick to classic because skating is too hard for me. I also prefer 4 wheels to 2 wheels, since I Roller speed skate :p. I really like cross country, and I quite like classic since I was a distance runner. I would honestly love to try biathlon someday. For now I stick to classic technique on the skis, and skating technique on the skates :d.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

I'll do that tonight. Or I don't know, maybe a little in the afternoon when there's a gap between alpine skiing and Porsche Supercup :p 

You sleeping in the afternoon??? :yikes:

Dr. Olympian is right, you are sick ?

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yep, found that out. I do a yearly cross country skiing trip in the winter. I stick to classic because skating is too hard for me. I also prefer 4 wheels to 2 wheels, since I Roller speed skate :p. I really like cross country, and I quite like classic since I was a distance runner. I would honestly love to try biathlon someday. For now I stick to classic technique on the skis, and skating technique on the skates :d.

Next up: classic technique on your skates.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I’ve tried that ?. Did go to well. I didn’t fall or anything, I just didn’t move anywhere ?

When I was younger (8-14 years old) I use to try and come up with my own versions of Olympic sports. For cross country, I would take to scooters and use them as skis ?. It actually worked pretty well and taught me basic technique if I’m being honest. For biathlon, I just add a nerf gun ?.

Agora, heywoodu disse:

See? Sick. :facepalm:?

@Olympian1010 that's cool! Particularly, I like classic more than skating. But mostly because I have strong arms and that helps on double polling ?

I got a speed skate from @heywoodu's sister and sometimes I take it for some technical training (for cross country), usually when I am coaching my athletes. Training with speed skating is fun, but at least in my opinion it's harder than actually skiing ?

And now, it's really a big pleasure talking to you, but I need to sleep ?

There was too much noise outside so it was impossible, but now it sounds like the dogs are starting to calm down ?

Just now, brunamoura said:

See? Sick. :facepalm:?

@Olympian1010 that's cool! Particularly, I like classic more than skating. But mostly because I have strong arms and that helps on double polling ?

I got a speed skate from @heywoodu's sister and sometimes I take it for some technical training (for cross country), usually when I am coaching my athletes. Training with speed skating is fun, but at least in my opinion it's harder than actually skiing ?

And now, it's really a big pleasure talking to you, but I need to sleep ?

There was too much noise outside so it was impossible, but now it sounds like the dogs are starting to calm down ?

Yeah same for me, not appreciating the 40 mph winds right now. Typical fall night in SoCal I’m afraid :(