website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

I think my dream jobs at the moment would be to work for Vice News, Vox, or NowThis; or work for a sports federation. I’d love to be a reporter or journalist somehow. I’d love to work with other journalists in Syria, Afghanistan, DPR Korea, Ukraine, and elsewhere, but I love sports too much I think. I aced my first speech in my communications 101 class today, maybe I’ll post on the forum tomorrow since people really liked it. I seem to have a talent for writing and speaking. I guess I could become a corrupt politician too if I want :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I think my dream jobs at the moment would be to work for Vice News, Vox, or NowThis; or work for a sports federation. I’d love to be a reporter or journalist somehow. I’d love to work with other journalists in Syria, Afghanistan, DPR Korea, Ukraine, and elsewhere, but I love sports too much I think. I aced my first speech in my communications 101 class today, maybe I’ll post on the forum tomorrow since people really liked it. I seem to have a talent for writing and speaking. I guess I could become a corrupt politician too if I want :p

Writing, speaking, being a historian, reporting, climbing, cycling, running, debating....I'm curious if you dare name things you're not good at :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Writing, speaking, being a historian, reporting, climbing, cycling, running, debating....I'm curious if you dare name things you're not good at :p 

Making friends, staying on task, time management, worrying too much, not being as financially independent as I should be, not always acting as mature as I should be, talking too much. I’m still human. I also quite shit at running and being a historian (I’m better at geography and sports history). 

I do try to live as DaVinci pointed out with his Vitruvian Man. I try my best to excel physically, mentally, spiritually, and most importantly humanly. (I don’t know why my font size shrunk here)

I don’t often brag about my abilities in “real” life, but I like to talk about them on here. I’d say I’m best at Writing, Speaking, Debating, Philosophy, and Geography if I had to choose my strongest fields of study. In terms of interest, history, climbing, skating, swimming, nature (natural studies), psychology, debating, politics, writing, and human nature are my favorite fields of study.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Hahaha around 100 people actually showed up at gates of Area 51 and protested today :lol:. Also, music festivals look to be successful.

Ok, I’m almost completely caught up on my multi-sports games results “database”. Today I need to add 2014 Comm Games and 2014 YOG and then I’ll be mostly caught up. The reason I’m posting is because there are few games that I’d like to have PDF or results book results for that I can’t find anywhere, so if anyone would be able to contribute the following that would be fantastic:

2015 Pan American Games

2015 European Games

2016 Asian Beach Games

2018 Asian Para Games

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ok, I’m almost completely caught up on my multi-sports games results “database”. Today I need to add 2014 Comm Games and 2014 YOG and then I’ll be mostly caught up. The reason I’m posting is because there are few games that I’d like to have PDF or results book results for that I can’t find anywhere, so if anyone would be able to contribute the following that would be fantastic:

2015 Pan American Games

2015 European Games

2016 Asian Beach Games

2018 Asian Para Games

Thanks in advance.

@intoronto you wouldn’t happen to have the Toronto 2015 ones would you?

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@intoronto you wouldn’t happen to have the Toronto 2015 ones would you?

No unfortunately not, but you can use Wayback Machine and you can download them that way.

For ex, here is an archery one https://web.archive.org/web/20160114023925/http://results.toronto2015.org/IRS/resTO2015/pdf/TO2015/AR/TO2015_AR_C93_AR0000000.pdf

Almost a year later and they still don't have anything better to do?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!