website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Antifa extremists going mad in Portland yesterday (just open the thread/click on the tweets, there's a boatload of tweets, not just these ones).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Antifa extremists going mad in Portland yesterday (just open the thread/click on the tweets, there's a boatload of tweets, not just these ones).

Well the “Proud Boys” got what was coming for them. I ashamed that these people resolved to use violence, but it’s like slapping a nazi. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Well the “Proud Boys” got what was coming for them. I ashamed that these people resolved to use violence, but it’s like slapping a nazi. 

It's not like 'slapping a nazi'. These people hit everything and everyone who doesn't agree with them. 

Regular guy to a protester: "When I was at Charlottesville to cover the events there, I..."

Protester: "OMG YOU WERE AT CHARLOTTESVILLE YOU NAZI!"

Ugh. These people resorting to vandalism and violence are as shitty as the rightwing extremists, the only difference is they're on the other side. Fuck extremists, no matter the side they're on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

They invited the violence themselves:

They essentially said Antifa is problem for white supremacy, so Antifa made itself a problem for white supremacy. Technically, both groups should most likely be classified as domestic terrorist, especially the “Proud Boys” and “Patriot Prayer” (the two most conservative names anyone has ever come up with). Trump is threatening to declare Antifa as terrorists, but he won’t declare the reoccurring instigators as such because they vote for him :redcard: 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Trump is threatening to declare Antifa as terrorists, but he won’t declare the reoccurring instigators as such because they vote for him :redcard: 

He should criminalize all of them, both sides. Sad thing is there is no good or 'less bad' side in this, both 'sides' cause nothing but destruction.

Edited by heywoodu

Just now, heywoodu said:

He should criminalize all of them, both sides. Sad thing is there is no good or 'less bad' side in this, both 'sides' cause nothing but destruction.

To rewrite a Trump quote “There’s bad people on both sides”. A democratic candidate will not win on that platform though. I think the democratic candidate will have to swing far left to win the primary, and then just not be worse than Trump to win they election. People on left hate these white supremacy demonstrations, most won’t have a problem with white supremacists getting beat up.

People on left hate these white supremacy demonstrations, most won’t have a problem with white supremacists getting beat up.

Yep. And that's sad. But I guess those Antifa criminals are very proud of themselves for beating up some 20-year old with five people at the same time. Tough guys :) 

Here it's usually Antifa vs Pegida. Next time they meet, police could just come in and lock 'em all up for all I care. I'm definitely against white supremacists, but in not a single way would want to ever be associated with that bunch of empty-headed idiots like you see at Antifa rallies.

Edited by heywoodu

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yep. And that's sad. But I guess those Antifa criminals are very proud of themselves for beating up some 20-year old with five people at the same time. Tough guys :) 

Here it's usually Antifa vs Pegida. Next time they meet, police could just come in and lock 'em all up for all I care.

I think it we’ll be incredibly hard to declare either group domestic terrorists in the US. Besides the obvious, left or right being made mad their semi-paramilitary group no longer exists, but the other sides does. I also think a law/declaration like that would receive legal challenges that might beat it. That’s because our constitution allows for (and this is completely true with no loopholes whatsoever being used) armed militias outside the army. These groups could simply go to court and get a law like that lifted because of their “protected” legal status.

Plus they'll always use the 'freedom of speech' card. Which in my opinion you've thrown away when resorting to violence like all of the mentioned people here have done, but fine.