website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I too see what Olympic and multi-sport memorabilia is available on online, in case it’s anything I’d love to own. That being said the item below leaves me with so many questions, I think I’ll pass on this one.

BD7CDDCE-2368-4E00-A058-843BA210A43D.jpeg 

You make it sound like giving youth the opportunity to protect themselves is a bad thing?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You make it sound like giving youth the opportunity to protect themselves is a bad thing?

I don’t know. I’m completely behind safe sex, and standardized sexual education (which the US lacks, I never really received any), and the promotion of health sexual standards. BUT, I just feel like the wrong message is being sent here. Relationships that went down in that village will not least.

That being said, I’m really considering put down a $0.69 bid (for charity, obviously). 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t know. I’m completely behind safe sex, and standardized sexual education (which the US lacks, I never really received any), and the promotion of health sexual standards. BUT, I just feel like the wrong message is being sent here. Relationships that went down in that village will not least.

That being said, I’m really considering put down a $0.69 bid (for charity, obviously). 

So? It's a village full of very active, very healthy and very fit (and probably in each other's eyes very attractive) people, who have been very focussed on sports pretty much all the time. We can all think what we want about it, but the rather basic fact is that there's going to be sex there, might as well provide them with free and easy ways to do it safe. I'd say for the young people that's even more important to see that as standard.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

So? It's a village full of very active, very healthy and very fit (and probably in each other's eyes very attractive) people, who have been very focussed on sports pretty much all the time. We can all think what we want about it, but the rather basic fact is that there's going to be sex there, might as well provide them with free and easy ways to do it safe. I'd say for the young people that's even more important to see that as standard.

I know, it just seems weird to me. It isn’t something I’d would ever see myself thinking in their position (at least at their age). I mean it obviously doesn’t matter what I think, but I am glad they were promoting good sexual standards at least. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

44 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I know, it just seems weird to me. It isn’t something I’d would ever see myself thinking in their position (at least at their age). I mean it obviously doesn’t matter what I think, but I am glad they were promoting good sexual standards at least. 

If I'm not mistaken, quite a large group of athletes there is roughly between 16 and 18 years of age. Obviously some people are younger and some are older, but generally I think that's quite a normal age for these sort of things and I'd much rather see them having easy access to condoms than sneaking around and ending up with STD's because condoms were not available. 

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I too see what Olympic and multi-sport memorabilia is available on online, in case it’s anything I’d love to own. That being said the item below leaves me with so many questions, I think I’ll pass on this one.

BD7CDDCE-2368-4E00-A058-843BA210A43D.jpeg 

Thank God it is is brand new.